Like New Mystery Ranch G5000 Pack + Extras (paid $545 new)

TheDriver

Observer
I've got too many Mystery Ranch packs so I'm selling the largest, my G5000. This pack is in brand new condition. It is large enough for long trips without re-supply, hunting or winter trips with bulky gear and can be compressed down for smaller loads easily. It has the highly regarded Mystery Ranch internal frame with fully adjustable and super comfortable harness and waist belt. It is capable of carrying a wide range of loads over long distances and shares many of the design features and materials with the Mystery Ranch military packs used by special forces to carry 100+ pound loads. It's built in the US (Bozeman, MT) and will last a lifetime with basic care and cleaning. The pack includes an upgraded detachable lid with daypack straps that can be used for peak ascents, fishing or other side-trips where you might want to leave the main pack in camp. It also includes 2 long pockets (seen in last photo) that can clip into the side compression straps and provide even more capacity as desired.

Packing slip from Mystery Ranch lists the items as:

1ea Titanium G 5000 (Medium Harness/Medium Belt) - $475
2ea Titanium Long Pocket - $50 ($25/ea)
Upgrade regular pack lid to larger lid with daypack straps - $20

In total I paid $545 for the setup and would like to get $300 out of it. Open to possible trades involving higher end lighting, ARB 37qt/slide, interesting firearms, 80/20 materials or other quality jeep/expo gear.

Face-to-face cash sale/trade (Tahoe / Carson City / Reno / Sacramento) only. If I still have it in September I'll be making a So. Cal. trip and could meet in Santa Barbara / Ventura / Thousand Oaks / etc. The Titanium color matches the Foliage items I have from Mystery Ranch and Maxpedition pretty closely.

More details are on the Mystery Ranch site (http://www.mysteryranch.com) or call me (530 208 8412) and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

The current model it is similar to is: http://www.mysteryranch.com/nice-marshall-pack

Thanks!

Chris

DSC01751.jpg

DSC01752.jpg

DSC01753.jpg

DSC01754.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

Last edited:

bsedwick

GLWS. If I were in the market, I'd be on this. I've got 3 Dana design packs and wouldn't get rid of a single one. Favorite being an Astraplane from 1995. Think I paid $600 or so back then

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
MR builds some very nice packs, I was researching them last year when I had an Eberlestock almost literally fall into my lap to fill the void of needing a larger game pack, my current lighter duty pack is a Dana Design that I have had about 12 years and has never let me down. Hmm, what specifically do you need for your Jeep?

Abitibi

Explorer
By medium, how tall should you be to get a good fit and size yoke? Never heard of that brand but looks similar to the Dana Design I used to sell years ago.

Thanks
David

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheDriver

Observer
jeep-N-montero,

I'm looking to set it up more for long term camping on the road so I'm interested in components for a LiFePO4 solar install (100w panels, charge controller, batteries, etc.), ARB/Engel (37/35L) style fridge, higher end LED lighting, HAM/scanner equipment (Yaseu mobile/HT, Bearcat mobile scanner), Tuffy glovebox/center console insert. Also could be interested in skid plates or quality recovery gear.

Thanks!

Chris

TheDriver

Observer
David,

I'm 5'11" and it fits great. The MR sizing info is here:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/fitting-and-sizing

The reason it looks like a Dana Design is because it is a "Dana" Design - my understanding is he started Mystery Ranch once his non-compete expired after selling the original Data Design company to K2:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/mystery-ranch-history

When I lived in MT I went by the factory/store in Bozeman a couple of times to purchase and get packs fitted - they are a really great bunch of people. I've got several of their smaller packs now that I love. Right after purchasing the one I'm selling (the first I got from them) I was taken out of action for 24 months with a back injury/surgery and didn't end up using it at all so it's basically brand new.

Chris

Last edited:

Abitibi

Explorer
Thanks Chris, looks like I'd need a small (I'm 5'6"). Too bad cause that's a very nice pack!

Cheers

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179