LJ De-build.

mrpotatohead

Observer
I regret to inform that taking the LJ to Baja to meet the in-laws was nixed because I didn't notice that my front track bar was hitting the diff cover until the day before we left. I'm super chapped about it. We all 3 piled into the econobox and are currently in central california about to embark south in a couple days. It only took $50 to drive from SLC to the Fresno area... So that's pretty neat...

So, with that... I put in a request a few hours ago to have new rod ends fused with summit machine flex joints for the control arms to alleviate some of my ******* up. Hoping those will be ready when I get back. Hard top is gone. Wheels and tires are ready to go on. The first stage of the "de-build" is almost done. No decision on the bumpers yet... I am looking at some more camping gear for this summer though.

mrpotatohead

Observer
How about this super clean Grand Cherokee pickup we saw in Calexico?!
Edit: i dont know why it's upside down

uvysa2ug.jpg

mrpotatohead

Observer
Busy day today. Picked up the flex joints and was able to get the front lowers in. The rears I'll tackle in the morning. Soft top is on, wheels and tires are on. Toning down is pretty much complete. From my original to do list the only thing left are the bumpers and I'm not as concerned with those anymore.

Updated to do list over the summer include:
Install CB Under drivers seat.
Rotopax cans.
Universal heated seat kit.
Headlight Conversion.
Possible tire carrier mounted rack depending on if I need it for cargo.

It's warming up and I'm trying to figure out which trail I want to take into the back country to go camping :)

I would post an updated pic but on both my computer and phone it's showing up upside down

Attachments

• black on black.jpg
    black on black.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333