Long road to nowhere.

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
5119966204_6993bb83af_z.jpg

Last edited:

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
6081917392_20ceb1e454_b.jpg

uploading the zoomable full size version of this right now. its 1.2GB photo so its taking a while... the road goes all the way up to the ridgeline then out to a lookout point on the far right.

you can see ducks on the far edge of the lake.

this is totally awesome. zoom all the way into this image

controls for zooming are at the bottom of the image. click to zoom in and use the controls to zoom out

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
6081917392_20ceb1e454_b.jpg

uploading the zoomable full size version of this right now. its 1.2GB photo so its taking a while... the road goes all the way up to the ridgeline

its pretty awesome, you can see ducks on the far edge of the lake.

You really need a smugmug account!

grntrdtaco

Adventurer
6082085300_869a3c0cd5_z.jpg

once you get to the top of the hill in the last shot this is the road that takes you out to the point on the right in the photo above

Last edited:

Snafu

Adventurer
East of El Paso, TX

Trusty Steed by snafu-kb, on Flickr

Guadalupe Mtns, Texas (Trust me, there's a road down there! Looking down from Guadalupe Peak trail). These were taken all in the same day so you can see a progression of the light and weather changing. Greatest solo hiking adventure yet. Who says Texas is flat?!?

almost pan by snafu-kb, on Flickr

The road you're seeing in the above pic about three to four hours earlier. It winds around the foot hills and out towards those mtns in the background.

warm sunrise on a cold morning by snafu-kb, on Flickr

I like standing in roads too...the above pictured road leads here to a spot in the salt flats. I really want to play with this pic now....

Desolate Road by snafu-kb, on Flickr

nightfoam

Adventurer
Wow great thread. I'm pretty sure most of my pictures would be from the same part of this state...

Malheur Lake. December 2010

malheurlake.jpg

Between Burns and John Day a few hours later.

whiteout.jpg

A double! East of Fort Rock. Labor Day 2010

yieldsign-1.jpg

Steens Mountain rim, July 2009.

18steensRim.jpg

Hwy 395 north of Valley Falls, July 2009

16endlessroad.jpg

Snafu

Adventurer
Headed home from the ranch yesterday evening...if it wasn't for the need to work I'd never see an asphalt road again =D Loving the pics so far. This really is an intriguing subject and the desert is perfect for "lonely roads to nowhere."

Moon Shine by snafu-kb, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk