Long road to nowhere.

Photog

Explorer
Somewhere in Eastern AZ. It was not much of a road really, but it was on the Topo map and Delorme software.

This was supposed to go through.

After half an hour of driving it really was a "road to nowhere". I guess I should have known since it looked like it had not been traveled in a LONG time! Can you say "backtrack"?

P2160132.jpg

I guess since there was a sign there it really is "somewhere".

P2160134.jpg

I recognize that area. That is about 40 miles south of where I grew up. It looks like you stopped where the road crossed a dry river bed. You might have been able to find the road again, on the other side (300 yards away)? And San Simon is right on I-10, close to your photo location.

I don't get to see many pics of that area. Thanks :)

1speed

Explorer
I recognize that area. That is about 40 miles south of where I grew up. It looks like you stopped where the road crossed a dry river bed. You might have been able to find the road again, on the other side (300 yards away)? And San Simon is right on I-10, close to your photo location.

I don't get to see many pics of that area. Thanks :)

Very cool area! We left I-10 at Bowie, stopped for lunch at Chaney Place (which was just a corral), went by Whitlock Cienega, and some lake I can't remember the name of and came out on Hwy 70 just west of Duncan. I would like to go back and explore that area more some day.

Last edited:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Panamint Mountains, California

2007_0814BriggsEscapeAug20070174.jpg

(sorry, it was very hazy that day so the lighting is bad, but you get the idea.)

nwoods

Expedition Leader
mamotof, how has the interior of your rig held up? I like trucks like that for their size and capacity, and street-ability of full size rigs, but have always been disappointed with the interior construction. Has your rig developed a lot of squeaks and rattles along the way?

rbgerrish

Nee-nuu Nee-nuu!
Long drive from San Diego to Sheridan Oregon in a Unimog 2450! Gotta love I-5 at 142 degrees for a million hours. Got lots of thumbs ups though. ;)

2184911762_a62be082e8_z.jpg

2184125135_7c8cd82425_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__