LONG WAY ROUND DVD box set

silentsamurai

Explorer
I just wanted to add how moving and emotional, yet entertaining this DVD is. It's a beautiful story (all 3 that is) and i actually spend sunday and monday watching them back to back. I am soo glad i bought these.

And yes, thanks to you guys i've spent most of my night last night searching for cheap GS's heh.

Cheers,
Adam

DH2002

Adventurer
quick question has anybody seen "By any means" with charley boorman saw the previews and it looks interesting

motoexplorer

"By Any Means" is interesting to watch. Sometimes seems a bit contrived as they try to use all these different forms of transportation - including long stretches on public transportation like trains. I think this one would've been better had Ewan come along...

I really enjoyed Charlie's other documentary "Race to Dakar." Again sometimes seems contrived as Russ always seems to be running around trying to drum up some controversy or emergency. But you get a really feel for how the Dakar works, how hard it is, the people involved. Plus great photography of machinery blasting through dunes - cool stuff. Of course if you want to watch a REALLY cool movie about off-road racing: Dust To Glory.

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
like a kid waiting for Christmas

I ordered this set several weeks ago off Amazon.. the particular part of Iraq I'm in does not get speedy mail service.. routinely about the two week mark for regular mail from the states.. I was waiting in anticipation for this set and was so excited two days ago when it finally arrived. I'd seen bits and pieces of it on TV some time ago and had always wanted to watch the whole thing.. then on my pre-deployment leave my wife and I went to Mexico.. nice resort with beds by the pool.. I found an old paperback copy of "Long Way Down" and read it while lounging around the pool.. restarted my interest in their story...

I neither own, nor have I ever ridden, a motorcycle.. and with our first child on the way any day now (son), I suspect it will be years and years away if I ever do.. but if you can imagine the sense of inspiration this adventure gives you where you are today, imagine if you spent your year living, eating, working, sleeping all within a radius of about 500 meters...

AAXD

My set just came, now I have a copy of Long Way Round to loan to friends. I finished LWD in 2 days, about to start Race to Dakar but I kinda want to save it. My new BMW still hasn't arrived, so I gotta get my fill somehow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach