Long Way Up?

DH2002

Adventurer
So today I was driving through Anchorage when a bmw 800 gs pulled up next to me and the driver happens to be from Germany, I get to chatting (at the red light) and turns out she drove from Key West to Prudhoe Bay and was headed to the motorcyle shop. Well considering I had some free time I followed and sure enuff it was the same shop from Long Way Round where the boys got their tires changed and such after arriving from Russia. Got to talking with the guys at the shop about LWR and they say they got a call from the team at LWR stating there will be a long way up!! Apparentley they plan on going from the southern tip of South America to California but maybe possibly to Barrow, Alaska on the 800's not the 1200's. They were calling to confirn if the shop still serviced BMW's incase they need to stop by when they hit Alaska.
also they told me about a bike show this weekend that is gonna have alot of enduro bikes so pics will be coming. here are a couple of pics from outside the shop
IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0229-1.jpg

Last edited:

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Got to talking with the guys at the shop about LWR and they say they got a call from the team at LWR stating there will be a long way up!! Apparentley they plan on going from the southern tip of South America to California but maybe possibly to Barrow, Alaska on the 800's not the 1200's. They were calling to confirn if the shop still serviced BMW's incase they need to stop by when they hit Alaska.

Nice!

motoexplorer

The theme song is gonna sound kinda funny signing 'comin up to meet you, the long way up' :)

I've heard rumblings on the internet that they were going to do this ride. I do hope it is true. I hope they do it on bikes other than the 1200GS to mix it up a little - the 800GS would be cool. I also hope they take an interesting route through the US (and have some video footage actually make it into the TV episodes) and indeed go all the way to Alaska.

I just got back from Costa Rica, unfortunately I did not have any Ewan and Charlie sightings...but I do hope their doing this ride though.

I love Latin America and would one day like to do my own US to Costa Rica ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach