Looking for advice

Overland_Ranger

Hello all

I am new to the forum and fairly new to the expedition/overland world. I drive a 07 ford ranger ext cab 4wd that I've been building/living out of for the past 6 months. It's about to be winter, and I'm trying to find an efficient way to heat my camper top. I've looked into the Mr buddy heater, but if there's a better way please let me know!

Thanks in advance

debdbe6f1149a5a193b4de9e85319707.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

tanglefoot

ExPoseur
I would look into using the smallest Mr. Buddy (and leave a window cracked).

If you want something with less worry about the inside atmosphere and have a larger budget, try a Zodi tent heater.

Some seem to have good luck with the candle and flowerpot setups. I tried a small one in the truck camper and couldn't notice any heat from it, but maybe a larger one might be noticeable in a truck cap.

Overland_Ranger

I would look into using the smallest Mr. Buddy (and leave a window cracked).

If you want something with less worry about the inside atmosphere and have a larger budget, try a Zodi tent heater.

Some seem to have good luck with the candle and flowerpot setups. I tried a small one in the truck camper and couldn't notice any heat from it, but maybe a larger one might be noticeable in a truck cap.
A good friend of mine had good things to say about the Mr buddy heater, but i will look into that other option you just mentioned!

Jgranger

Ford Ranger owner
Sorry to change the subject but how do you keep dust and water from getting in the back? I drive a 2000 ranger myself and have not yet been able to keep dust and water completely out of the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overland_Ranger

Sorry to change the subject but how do you keep dust and water from getting in the back? I drive a 2000 ranger myself and have not yet been able to keep dust and water completely out of the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's an ongoing battle honestly. I just re sealed my topper and it's still just barely leaking

As for dust I keep my windows closed all the time but it still comes in. I clean it the best I can

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal