Looking for M416 trailer lid

charlie harper

Just Picked up a fully restored M416 :wings: it was used by a group that reenact WWII. So I have used the search here and have not found a company that makes a lid/top I could order. I do not have the skill or time to produce my own so I am hoping to find a used one or a place to order one from. Any ideas??
Photo below is my trailer that has a topper that was used by the group I bought it from.

/dev/ram

/dev/yj tow vehicle
More detail/pics on the topper and bow? assembly. Somebody might trade you labor/materials for what you don't need/want...

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
Even if you buy one you will need a way to attach it to the trailer. Drilling holes and bolting will only go so far. I'd recommend finding a fellow enthusiast with some welding skills or befriending a local fabricator. A case of beer and a willingness to lend help can go a long way. A lot of guys also work with local fabricators to build and install lids of various types. The benefit to this route is that you can get exactly what you want/ can afford.

I ended up designing a lid out of aluminum. I had a local fabricator cut, form, and weld it up. Then I installed it using my basic welding skills at home. Ran a pretty penny but I got exactly what I wanted and am very happy with it.

charlie harper

Even if you buy one you will need a way to attach it to the trailer. Drilling holes and bolting will only go so far. I'd recommend finding a fellow enthusiast with some welding skills or befriending a local fabricator. A case of beer and a willingness to lend help can go a long way. A lot of guys also work with local fabricators to build and install lids of various types. The benefit to this route is that you can get exactly what you want/ can afford.

I ended up designing a lid out of aluminum. I had a local fabricator cut, form, and weld it up. Then I installed it using my basic welding skills at home. Ran a pretty penny but I got exactly what I wanted and am very happy with it.
Thanks for your advice and insights! I just read your trailer build thread, lots of great info and photos!

DonBeasley

Adventurer
I have a Sierra 4x4 lid and it is great but others have had problems. I would agree to check with Cascadia. I have seen Cascadia at OX and they make a fine product. Fit is always an issue as most M416's are not straight on the top rails or square. Most use 1" angle iron and weld on the top (over round tube) to get a close to square as possible and make the lid fit tight.

Mine is steel and it is not light but has not been a problem with the right struts. My thread has photos and details if that will help.

Have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner