looking for new truck, questions

lehel and laura ins. info

Thanks for explaining how it is in california - this gives me more ideas as to what to ask for as far as coverage here in Missouri - I talked to three different insurance companies and so far one said no camper box at all and the last one said if I insure the commercial truck I can haul the camper box like anything else but they will not insure the camper box being hauled on the truck unless it is "permanently" attached as in welded to the frame...?...then they would insure a camper up to but not over the value of the truck itself..........I got a few more telephone numbers today to call tomorrow to ask more questions so will also call State Farm and American Insurance to see what they have to say.

Thanks again.

Peace of JesusChrist,
Http://www.y-origns.com/
*Tom.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
RUF & Darrin

Hello Tom,

Darrin is still in business. I have been in very recent contact with him regarding windows. He is a one-man operation, so it does sometimes take a little time for him to respond, but he has been very helpful and responsive to my inquiries.

Hope this helps.

Frank

Hello Kerry,

Is it ok to ask the name of the insurrance company you have yours insured with?

I have other questions about the possibility of making an FM into a 4x4 and read some stuff on Darrin Finks homepage at RUF and left some messages on voice mail and email but haven't heard back as of yet so was wondering if anyone knows if Darrin is still in business or not?

Thanks.

Peace of JesusChrist,
Http://www.JesusOnline.com/
*Tom.

VicHanson

Adventurer
If all goes well, tomorrow night I could be the owner of a "new" 2001 Isuzu NPR HD with 58,000 miles. A friend is looking at it for me, with authority to make the purchase for me. I might have trouble getting to sleep tonight!

Anyway, it comes with a 14' box, with a lift gate, which I will have to take off and try to sell. It is in Florida and I will be registering it in Minnesota, hopefully as an RV. I hadn't given it much thought until seeing this thread, so hope I won't have any problems. I can either do it by internet/mail or have my sister in Minn. do it and send the plates to FL, not sure which is best. If I can find a truck camper, I will mount (permanently) that on before driving to Minn.

I see there is also an option of getting a 30 day temporary license for someone from out of state, to drive it back to their home state. Not sure which is best.

Does anyone have experience with this? What did you do to drive yours back to Colorado, Chip?

Thanks,
Vic

kerry

Expedition Leader
Dealer provided me with a temporary plate to drive my FG from NC to CO. I also bought a one trip plate once to drive a newly purchased MB van from CA to CO.

able

If all goes well, tomorrow night I could be the owner of a "new" 2001 Isuzu NPR HD with 58,000 miles. A friend is looking at it for me, with authority to make the purchase for me. I might have trouble getting to sleep tonight!

Anyway, it comes with a 14' box, with a lift gate, which I will have to take off and try to sell. It is in Florida and I will be registering it in Minnesota, hopefully as an RV. I hadn't given it much thought until seeing this thread, so hope I won't have any problems. I can either do it by internet/mail or have my sister in Minn. do it and send the plates to FL, not sure which is best. If I can find a truck camper, I will mount (permanently) that on before driving to Minn.

I see there is also an option of getting a 30 day temporary license for someone from out of state, to drive it back to their home state. Not sure which is best.

Does anyone have experience with this? What did you do to drive yours back to Colorado, Chip?

Thanks,
Vic
Hi Vic, We are putting a Carson Rebel Toyhauler on the back of our Isuzu NPS300. We purchased a used trailer in CA and are having it shipped here to OZ.
But I spoke to Carson's and they quoted on making a purpose built camper that would have done the job for $15,000 US toilet, shower and all the comfy bits.

daniel ruops

Adventurer
Mitsubishi FM260 insurance

My wife and I are the very satisfied owners of Darrin Fink's AATREC. GMAC insurance/Good Sam (800-325-1190) provides provides our insurance. We purchased full coverage for $787.00 each 6 months.

Mitsubishi FM260 insurance

Daniel - thanks for the insurance info I will give them a call to inquire. It seems as long as it is an RV - no problem or a Truck of single usage - the problem seems to be either one or the other but nothing for dual usage like I was hoping to do: a dump bed with removable sides and or a camper box bolted to the flat-bed..........insurance company will insure the dump but not the camper box when carrying the camper box; or will insure it as a RV if the camper is welded to the frame of the truck.......I ask about bolted and they said no so must keep checking - I am thinking it is the dual purpose that is causing all the problems.

I know you will enjoy your new RV :).

Peace of JesusChrist,
*Tom.

I just bought my truck!
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=521450#post521450

I hope you find what you are looking for soon, Tom.

Vic

Me too.........great looking truck.......I have yet to even sit in an FG and I am hoping to do so one day next week..........I currently have an F-150 4X4 off-road and was looking to upgrade to a 250/350/450, etc. and then ran across the expedition portal and starting looking a the FG thread and got interested in the FG's; so now I need to look a little closer to see if this is a fit or no?

This is the first time I tried to Reply using the posters text so hope this works ok and will probably look silly :).

Take Care.

Peace of JesusChrist,
*Tom.

kdgreene

Observer
Fuso Insurance

Hi Tom,

Check with Progessive Insurance, go through an agent not the website. We also had trouble with our insurance in the beginning, but Progessive finally came through for us.

Best of luck with your Fuso hunt and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Kim & Don Greene

Adventure Learning Foundation
www.questconnect.org

Americas Overland
www.americasoverland.net

Harvest Hosts
www.harvesthosts.com

VicHanson

Adventurer
Me too.........great looking truck.......I have yet to even sit in an FG and I am hoping to do so one day next week..........I currently have an F-150 4X4 off-road and was looking to upgrade to a 250/350/450, etc. and then ran across the expedition portal and starting looking a the FG thread and got interested in the FG's; so now I need to look a little closer to see if this is a fit or no?

Take Care.

Peace of JesusChrist,
*Tom.

able said:
Hi Vic, We are putting a Carson Rebel Toyhauler on the back of our Isuzu NPS300. We purchased a used trailer in CA and are having it shipped here to OZ.
But I spoke to Carson's and they quoted on making a purpose built camper that would have done the job for $15,000 US toilet, shower and all the comfy bits.

Thanks, Tom and able. I just bought a truck camper today, a used Shadow Cruiser for $1500, will be putting that on the back of my NPR. I'll be starting a build thread here with you Mitsubishi guys soon.

able - do you have a build thread yet? Would love to see your progress. I have sat in a newer NPR but not mine yet! Getting anxious!

Vic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven