Looking......

hdhp

I have a 2022 25002HD Silverado. I do most of the work/fab myself. I Built the roof rack and some people think I bought it. It turned out really good! Any way I purchased two 7" round lights for the front. I am having a hard time coming up with a mount or separate mounting brackets. I do not want to put a Bull bar on and I definitely do not want an aftermarket bumper. The front end looks too good! The other thing that is giving me a hard time are those dam radiator shutters. Do I really need them? Dose anyone with fabrication experience have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20211229_115808 (1).jpg
    20211229_115808 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
  • 20220422_183815.jpg
    20220422_183815.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 46

NatersXJ6

Explorer
Radiator shutters are a significant contributor to gas mileage and important to maintaining operating temperatures. You may or may not believe you need that, but I personally would make sure they could be re-installed if you remove them.

billiebob

GM, Ford, Dodge,,,, they have all done the research..... if it is there,,,, it is there for good reason.

Diesels operate best within a much narrower temperature span than gas engines, hence the shutters.... on older GMC semis the shutters were exposed in front of the grill.

CFMGarage

Is that bumper all plastic? Any way to fab some brackets to a piece of structure underneath and then just pop them up through the plastic? The recover point bolting location may be a good start and go straight up?

I have a RAM and behind the bumper is basically empty space, but I've never seen behind the GM front ends.

hdhp

GM, Ford, Dodge,,,, they have all done the research..... if it is there,,,, it is there for good reason.

Diesels operate best within a much narrower temperature span than gas engines, hence the shutters.... on older GMC semis the shutters were exposed in front of the grill.

It is a 6.6L Gas. But I know what you are saying!

hdhp

Is that bumper all plastic? Any way to fab some brackets to a piece of structure underneath and then just pop them up through the plastic? The recover point bolting location may be a good start and go straight up?

I have a RAM and behind the bumper is basically empty space, but I've never seen behind the GM front ends.
I was looking behind the bumper and there is a lot of empty space. I will revisit that option. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78