Love Being In The Dog House (trailer)

paddlequest

Adventurer
I have secured myself a build date in middle of November for a Lead Dog Extreme Offroad model. Your forum thread and the great information available in it has helped me to make the mental jump for a purchase so large. I look forward to joining the clan! I am seriously considering basing out of mine fulltime and renting my house out on a long term basis.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
The rear door(and all doors for that matter) seal very well. I've had mine off-road and haven't had any dirt get in. We just had two hiker owners tow theirs through the mojavee trail, including the water crossings, and they didn't expiring any dirt or water seeping in. Since hiker uses rv doors with double seals, they actually seal much better than most if not all teardrops with custom doors and hatches.
Thank you! That is good to hear. I'm really checking this trailer out and trying to find any weakness. Seems like it's holding up to any faults that can think of. I plan to put an order in for the Lead Dog Extreme Offroad 5 x 8. I think that the kitchen is going to be the toughest challenge to work out. It may take more than 1 try to get it right, for me. I'm still not sure what cabinet version to get for the rear.

paddlequest

Adventurer
Its not a perfect solution for the obvious challenge of the kitchen area...but I like the looks of the Trail Kitchens smallest unit. I like the idea of being able to cook but the trailer under awnings etc for shade and rain but I also, being a British Columbian, understand the ability to take the cooking away from the sleeping area in bear areas. They are not cheap units, and seem to take a little fiddling to set up, but they look bomber and well thought out.

Any other thoughts on these units out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater