LR4 Accessories

chris snell

Adventurer
I have a dog. And towels.

This seems perfect. Although it's so nice I'd probably still put towels down.

Can we see this LR4 yet? You never updated your other LR4 thread.

View attachment 199455View attachment 199456

That looks like it would be pretty good for dogs but it wouldn't work with kids so well. You have to be able to attach the carseats to the LATCH system and the carseat manuals caution against putting any material between the carseat base and the seat of the car.

I'll post a photo in the other thread.

umbertob

Adventurer
That looks like something my own parents would have used to restrain us when I was a little kid... They used to throw me and my little brother in the back seats of their Fiat 124 Sport Coupé over some blankets, then they'd close all windows, start smoking Muratti Ambassadors like **********, and drive away! :Wow1: I remember my brother and I rolling left and right over those tiny rear seats when they drove us to the mountains, no wonder we got car sick so much! That was the 1970s... My mom and dad would definitely be in jail today, lol.

rijosho

Adventurer
That looks like something my own parents would have used to restrain us when I was a little kid... They used to throw me and my little brother in the back seats of their Fiat 124 Sport Coupé over some blankets, then they'd close all windows, start smoking Muratti Ambassadors like **********, and drive away! :Wow1: I remember my brother and I rolling left and right over those tiny rear seats when they drove us to the mountains, no wonder we got car sick so much! That was the 1970s... My mom and dad would definitely be in jail today, lol.

I used to lay down in the back window - behind the headrests - of one of our sedans. Or when in my dad's Triumph, I'd sit on this little platform behind the front seats...or quite often on one of their laps in the front seats. I also remember 12 hour drives in the Summer in our Astro Van, and the coolest feature was that all of the rear benches turned into a single bed. 3 of us (my brothers) would be asleep back there (no seatbelts of course) at a time. That was the late 80's!

Now they're concerned about a little fabric being between a car seat and the seat itself...

chris snell

Adventurer
So I got all of my nice new covers and rubber matting installed. I was planning on taking some photos and then..........my wife borrowed the truck to pick some stuff up at Home Depot last night and the kid who loaded the stuff up in the back did $1600 worth of damage to my interior. So now I'm basically replacing every plastic and rubber part in the rear cargo compartment. Once that's done (if the parts department can even source this stuff...half of it apparently isn't even available yet), I'll post up some photos of everything.

iowalr4

Adventurer
So I got all of my nice new covers and rubber matting installed. I was planning on taking some photos and then..........my wife borrowed the truck to pick some stuff up at Home Depot last night and the kid who loaded the stuff up in the back did $1600 worth of damage to my interior. So now I'm basically replacing every plastic and rubber part in the rear cargo compartment. Once that's done (if the parts department can even source this stuff...half of it apparently isn't even available yet), I'll post up some photos of everything.

I'd be more interested in the pictures of the damage than how it looks repaired/new. My rear cargo area already has some good battle scars. I am not going to worry about it though. What did they put in the back and what parts got damaged?

I would imagine the side plastic would take the most damage? Here is mine...
IMG_20130801_151955_zps5a33b8de.jpg

chris snell

Adventurer
I'd be more interested in the pictures of the damage than how it looks repaired/new. My rear cargo area already has some good battle scars. I am not going to worry about it though. What did they put in the back and what parts got damaged?

I would imagine the side plastic would take the most damage? Here is mine...
IMG_20130801_151955_zps5a33b8de.jpg

Using your photo, here's what they did to mine. Picture corresponding damage to the passenger side trim, as well. All trucks get battle scars eventually but damn, this truck is three weeks old. I'm just sick to my stomach.

ONS63zX.jpg

jhawk

Adventurer
Man, I'd let it go. The next time anything goes in there again it'll get beat up one more time. It's either that are drop bucks every time something goes back there. You've got to remember man it's a truck, an expensive truck but a truck none the less. The first damage hurts the worst, it's easy from here on out.

Jim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk