LV416 trailer with Autohome Columbus tent $5000.00

Corbet

Observer
What does the top of the lid look like under then tent? (Hoping you have a photo and don’t have to pull the tent)

driller

old soul wanderer
20220910_092344.jpg

driller

old soul wanderer
exactly as Dusty said. If you wanted to take tent off you would need to seal the top of the lid frame. I have used thin plywood at times when i didnt have the tent on.

Corbet

Observer
I have a tent. Asking about the top to see the interface between the two. Can you describe it? I can see what looks like extruded aluminum channels below the lid. With sliding captured fasteners. But is there an open channel through the top where mounts can be placed in infinite locations or did you have to choose your personal locations and drill holes?

I don't see a post by "Dusty" you referenced above?

driller

old soul wanderer
The extruded aluminum you reference belong to the tent. what is below the tent is a rectangle frame made of 1" square tubing. What is in the picture is the bottom of the tent. attached at 4 points on the lid frame. There are 2 bolts at each attachment point with a strap between them across the lid frame. No hole need to be drilled.

driller

old soul wanderer
yes. what I have done Is when i put a standard roof top tent on I put a piece of plywood on the lid and the put the tent on top of that and it keeps it sealed when the lid is closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete