LWB CB Radio Locations? WHERE did you put yours???

KIRK!

Amateur Philosopher
I did my research and ordered my CB. I got a new Cobra 29 LX that has been peaked, tuned, aligned and dual stage V-modded. I can't wait to use it, but I can't find a great place to mount it. I have a single DIN radio, but I want to install a slide-out cup holder unit in the DIN space under that. There doesn't seem to be enough room to mount it anywhere under the dash. Roof? On my lap?

Where is yours? While we're at it, where did you mount your antenna?

$(KGrHqYOKigE12l8GQU-BNjT5P!syQ~~_3.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Slide out ones in the dash are just radio spills waiting to happen. I've seen it in smooth sedans. Can you imagine off road?

grandpa

I don't know about the CB mount. My cup holder is broken so I got this:
RAM-B-132U.jpg

http://www.rammount.com/CatalogResu...d/082065077045066045049051050085/Default.aspx

off-roader

Expedition Leader
One other thing Kirk, have you tried using a mug that seals well & can be easily opened & closed? I use a mug that I can keep in my backpack w/out getting coffee everywhere. The seals so good you can hear a woosh of air if you open it after a decent altitude change.

Luckily it fits in the gen II cup holders. For drinks that dont, I sometimes just open the center glove box and put a drink there... just not when driving off road.

scrubber3

Not really here
I put mine on the side of the center console. Passenger side mounted forward enough to allow seat movement and the bottom facing me. The mic is mounted on the side of the dash just to the right and up from the radio.

grandpa

Grandpa, I'd love to see a photo of that mounted in your truck.

I have one mounted on a "temporary" bracket on the dash and one on the passenger side of the console on a ram mount. Sorry to hijack your thread Kirk, no cb yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad