M101 Canadian Trailer for sale. $1,150 (SOLD)

If you missed out on one of those group buys of M101 trailers -- here's your chance to get one. I bought this April 2007, hauled it over to a friend's house, and that's about all the "progress" I made. I picked up hubs (and bearings) to fit my Toyota PU wheels, and a pintle hitch.

The trailer is in good, solid condition, without any rust through; it'll make a great foundation for an expedition trailer. But there is rust, the springs definitely have the worst. The brake cables also look to be in rough shape. The tires hold air, but are dried out. There are 5 extra bolt holes in the forward part of the tub; there had been very cheesy mount for 2 propane tanks (hence, the HazMat placard holders). As part if Canada's "demil" they removed the taillight and connecting plug -- fortunately they didn't cut anything.

I have several pictures here: https://desertdouglas.smugmug.com/M101-Canadian-Trailer/

I hope someone will pick up this project. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Bruce
Tucson AZ USA

Last edited:
As you can see from the pictures the tires are pretty dried and cracked, but they hold air. I haven't checked the bearings; I was planning on replacing them when I put on the Toyota compatible hubs. I wouldn't risk subjecting the trailer to 75 mph speeds until checking the bearings and putting on new tires. I used a 6 X 12 UHaul trailer (with out the ramp) to move it down from Phoenix to Tucson -- it was surprisingly affordable.

I have someone who wants it and we're discussing details. If that falls through, and you're still interest, you're next in line.

gregaf3

Observer
1b5b7091982b322312a5b487841f55f5.jpg

My tent would like to make babies with your trailer. Tell that other guy that he doesn't need any new projects. Besides I need to see some old buddies that are stationed out at DM.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Let's see how it goes. I wondered if greg"af"had anything to do with Air Force. This weekend DM put on a fantastic air show. I'll keep you in the loop.

It looks like I have a sale all lined up, just awaiting funds. Thanks for all the interest. I'll let you know when the sale is final; it looks solid.

I sent him a text today, and he's going to get back to me tonight. I hadn't forgotten about you. I'd like to get this wrapped up soon. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk