M101A2 Tongue Issues

I need some help...

I took the tongue of my M101A2 trailer off so I could primer it and while I was reinstalling it one of the Dog ear bolts decided it didn't want to cooperate. The nut threaded on by hand but when I put the impact on it to run it the rest of the way down it demolished the threads. I don't think I am going to be able to find another one of these. So I am reaching out to you all and see if anyone has a solution to this before I go to the drawing board and start creating something.

Any help is much appreciated.

HitchCrack

Flyfishjeep

Adventurer
I bought an M101 and it only had three of the four on it. I took one off and had a friend machine me one at home. It really is a very simple piece to replicate. Not sure but a machine shop probably wouldn't cost more than 25 or 30

Scoutman

Explorer
I would say you're going to have to make something. If you have no intentions of uncoupling the tongue other than for rebuild purposes then I would take a piece of plate, drill a hole, shape to match another ear and weld it on permanently. You can weld through the hole from the rear too.

Thanks for the responses! Well after doing some research I found out that the same "eye bolt" is used on the tailgate. I figured I would rather fab something on the tailgate instead of the tongue. So I am back in business. Again Thanks for the responses.

HitchCrack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob