M101CDN 'hybrid'

Jay S.

Observer
Not off hand, but I can find out....right now my trailer seems really cushy (sp?) but it may be just right after I get it loaded.

Jay

TheGillz

Explorer
Well my trailer is going to weigh as much as 2k loaded down, I don't think that those seem stout enough. At 1600+ the rears seem closer...hmmm.

Jay S.

Observer
TheGillz said:
Well my trailer is going to weigh as much as 2k loaded down, I don't think that those seem stout enough. At 1600+ the rears seem closer...hmmm.

If I remember right, the rears are a different length.

Jay S.

Observer
Okay here are the specs for those of you that wanted the info (and can make sense of it all)
PART NUMBER: CS012FA
STACK HEIGHT: 24.4mm
Leaves: 4
Front Eye Diameter: 30.0mm
Rear Eye Diameter: 40.0mm
Spring Rate: 207 lbf/in (36.3 N/mm)

F.Y.I. The extra leaf is a D20XL

TheGillz

Explorer
Yes fronts are aprox 36, and rears 39 inches long. I wonder if martyn has an oppinion about these.

Thanks for the input and I can't make sense of it, lol.

Sorry for the highjack.

alia176

Explorer
TheGillz said:

On the flip side, my trailer weighs in at 1400 lb wet so I wonder if the front springs from a Sammy would do well! Other than water weight (13 gallon tank), the trailer weight remains pretty much constant. If I were to go with the Sammy rear springs then that makes me wonder if she'd be way more bouncy for my taste on a constant basis.

BajaXplorer

Adventurer
I just finished installing new axle, wheels and Samurai springs under my M101 yesterday. It has a lid, RTT and box full of gear. The weight is about 1,200 lbs (need to get it weighed) and the springs appear to flex well with me pushing and pulling on the trailer. Springs settled down to a point that gives about an inch of lift over where the stock springs were (23" at hitch), so my Napa shocks are still good to go. Plan to do some offroad bump/washboard testing this weekend to help determine if the optional extra spring leaf is necessary. May go the optional spring leaf just for comparison.
FYI, Jay gave the eye measurements for springs above, but on the Samurai the shackles are forward near bumper, this is the reverse on a trailer. So the bigger eye would be front, smaller rear.
BX

Jay S.

Observer
FYI, Jay gave the eye measurements for springs above, but on the Samurai the shackles are forward near bumper, this is the reverse on a trailer. So the bigger eye would be front, smaller rear.
BX[/QUOTE]

Yes, good catch! That is very much true...didn't even think about mentioning that.

AWESOME job on your trailer, you put me to shame with your progress!!
Let's see some pictures of your rig!!!

Jay S.

Observer
Well the trailer is doing sweet!!! I've added NAPA shocks and towed it with 300lbs of scrap metal (verified by scale) and it did just fine. I probably will add the extra leaf because it did sink quite a bit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__