M416: can I convert...?

dawsonc61

Observer
I'm wanting to use some Jeep MOAB Wheels on my M416 but the lug pattern is different. Is it possible to switch from 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5? I've seen a M416 with MOABs on it but I cant remember where I saw it or what the guy did to convert the lug pattern.

I do not want to switch out the entire axle either. Is it possible to switch out the hubs on an M416? Or do they make spacer that go from a 5 on 5.5 to a 5 on 4.5?

Thanks,

D

Cruiser

Adventurer
They do make a spacer that will do this.. I was going to get then as I had a set of gambler wheels from a tj.. ended up selling the wheels instead.. I'm going to get a new axle with the right pattern that I need. its close to the same $ as spacers.

airlaird

Dawson, I believe you can. My M416 has the same pattern. Now, I had a spacer built for it...but the company that made it bragged to me how they can make anything: "We can manufacture an 8 lug spacer on a 17" wheel if you want" . The problem is this:....I can't remember the darn company I used to make mine!!
airlaird

dawsonc61

Observer
OK since my last post I've found an answer!

http://www.adaptitusa.com/ had the 5 on 5.5 to 5 on 4.5 adapters that I needed! and they weren't terribly expensive either I bought 1.80" spacers for 62 bucks! plus the $12 shipping fee. Thats a bargain if you ask me. I'll post up some picks of the MOABs when I get them installed.

Thanks for the input guys.

-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater