M416 Tail Gate Questions

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I like MyCyrus' approach. I cut into mine, did lots of re-enforcement, and frankly never ever used it. It was a liability ratehr than a benefit only because my lid opened so well with the hydraulic struts. I know others' opinions differ but I personally would never cut a tailgate again...

MrCyrus16

Observer
I like MyCyrus' approach. I cut into mine, did lots of re-enforcement, and frankly never ever used it. It was a liability ratehr than a benefit only because my lid opened so well with the hydraulic struts. I know others' opinions differ but I personally would never cut a tailgate again...

Thanks! I almost didn't do it, but am so glad I did. It seemed like a good idea because we both load or un-load our gear and let me tell you...some of it is heavy. I also did it because of a bad back for me and a vertically challenge wife :). I guess you have to decide IF it's needed or just something to do.

RAZORBACK

Observer
If you dont want a tail-gate .....dont put one in yours........why tell somebody else how to enjoy thier life?

Hey ******************! Learn how to read (and spell why you're at it). I didn't tell anybody how to enjoy their life. Sounds like you should learn to enjoy yours and quit trolling. I was having a conversation with someone on the forum with whom I have discussed things with before, not that it's any of your damn business. That is why I said to each their own. Mind your business boy.

tripc

Observer
Hey ******************! Learn how to read (and spell why you're at it). I didn't tell anybody how to enjoy their life. Sounds like you should learn to enjoy yours and quit trolling. I was having a conversation with someone on the forum with whom I have discussed things with before, not that it's any of your damn business. That is why I said to each their own. Mind your business boy.

God! I love online forums!lol:wings:

Ryan_S

Observer
Here's my plan. The angle across the top will also provide a place for a paddle latch to catch to hold the tailgate shut. The frame on the tailgate door will meet up with the square tubing and the angle, which will have some rubber gasket material on it for a water/dust tight seal.

tailgate.jpg

gasman

Adventurer
boys boys boys !! cant we all get along,,

sometimes when stuff is written down it dont sound the same as the poster intended. i know i have gotten in trouble for that myself a few times..

anyway. as far as tailgates go .. i was torn at first , i wasnt so sure if i should be cutting up a pefectly good trailer and knew that some collector type guys might be upset by that,

but then you gotta look at the other side.. at least the trailers are being put to good use and not rotting in a feild somewhere,

so the trailers live on.

gasman

Adventurer
another reason i put the tailgate in mine was because i knew the tent i would be mounting was huge !!! when all set up it would be very difficult to get into the trailer. before we set up camp the totes come out of the trailer by opening the lid and tailgate , but once set up , the tailgate is really the only way to get stuff in or out

IMG_2788.jpg

IM000023.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach