M416 trailer rebuild!!!

DonBeasley

Adventurer
Yes a springover is in your future but on the other hand the tires and rims look great. SOA is easy but will have to modify your cable connect a little if plan to continue to use it.

BTW if you look at my build thread, page 7, post 68, there is a detailed explanation of doing the springover and still keeping the hand brake setup. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Yes a springover is in your future but on the other hand the tires and rims look great. SOA is easy but will have to modify your cable connect a little if plan to continue to use it.

BTW if you look at my build thread, page 7, post 68, there is a detailed explanation of doing the springover and still keeping the hand brake setup. Hope it helps.
Great thread Don. That looks like it will help a lot. Now to get busy.

Your trailer turned out great!

Made some progress tonight. Tub is off. I'm trying to decide how far I should go removing stuff off frame for media blast. It's it worth a complete disassembly? Or just have it blasted as is.

090122a060574cfea81778f1f63966d4.jpg

7e152bf32e1b00f3bd6801b66dd5a646.jpg

brian90744

American Trekker
sand blast info

I had my frame assy blasted, yes wrap the light lens, make sure the blaster removes wheels and gets the rims and drums. I had the tub done later after some body work. keep the original marking like the wife wants.

Attachments

• paint job 2.jpg
    paint job 2.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Hitch Tongue extent 6.jpg
    Hitch Tongue extent 6.jpg
    586.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 19683803 1.jpg
    19683803 1.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks for all the input guys everyone has been very helpful. More pics coming soon I'm in the middle of a complete disassembly lol. Hope to drop it off for a media blast tomorrow. Anyone have any opinions on powder coat vs rattle can? I'm worried powder coat may be harder to touch up if I scratch it...

Outdoorboy

Looks like it's coming along well. Glad to see this thread. I pick my m416 up in the next couple of weeks and will be a winter project. PO has already done some mods but body was never cleaned up. I'll post some pics once I pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WRL