Mahindra Axe

haven

Expedition Leader
Mahindra and Mahindra have long built jeep-like vehicles for the Indian army. They showed a new jeep design called the Axe at the Delhi Auto Show last week.

mahindra-axe-1.jpg

The Axe uses a 2.7L diesel engine, all-independent suspension, and 4x4 with low range. The vehicle is undergoing trials with the Indian Army. There are reports online that the Axe was developed with assistance from an Israeli company, and that the Israeli special forces have placed an order.

Mahindra announced that they want to produce a civilian version of the Axe. Since the vehicle has many parts in common with the pickup and SUV that Mahindra plans to import in 2009, it's not completely irrational to think that we might see a Mahindra Axe for sale in USA.

Chip Haven

outsidr

Adventurer
I will have one of the first Mahindra dealerships in the US. I reviewed the vehicle when it was in Atlanta a few months ago and the axle in the rear is equivalent to the Dana 44. Mahindra used to build willys during the war for the US so they have access to Military Jeep specs and prints, or did at least. The front end is torsion bar ifs for those interrested.

ml

Wonder what one of those will cost? I kinda like it. Would like to see it with half doors and a removable hardtop. Keep the rear uncovered though. Cool looking little thing. :wings:

Bjorn

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Seriously??? THat's a Rhino on steroids... :confused:

Is that thing US DOT approved or is it an ORV "toy" as it were?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalewelsh