Making progress

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Things look like they are falling into place for us to be able to sell our last vehicle, buy a little run around car, and pay off the last card. We should have a little cash left over. Then I am buying the Tundra. It will happen in the next month or so. It all depends on the sell of our Ford Expedition. We already have the car picked out, it belongs to some friends of ours. The reason for this thread is that I have a question.

I am looking for a Tundra in online classifieds, and want to make sure I get one with the rear diff lock. Seeing as how I am looking at pictures, where should I expect to see the button for the locker? Am I correct in that all TRDs did not come with the locker? I know that I can have one installed by a dealer, but it would save a lot of money if I did not have to. Thanks for the responses in advance.

slus

Adventurer
As far as I know, the Tundra never came with a diff lock.

Limited Slip, yes, I think all TRD packages did, but I don't think they were ever offered with an electric locking differential.

JCMatthews

Tour Guide
Doing some quick research on the web and it looks as though I was wrong. Now I am a little bummed. I will have to price an ARB and start saving. I want a locker so that I can take it slowly when I am in the rough stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk