Maxtrax vs TRED vs Tracmats vs X-Trax vs X-Jack

deminimis

Explorer
Hoping this isn't too much of a hijack, but does anyone know how Maxtrax or Maxas or whatever works with a heavy rig (19,500 GVWR)? I need to get something pronto. Spent last night trying to get my buddy out of my inlawss field where he stores his homebrew SMB when back in Europe. Field is saturated from springs, Winter rains, etc. My winch/bumper is still delayed (now three weeks delayed), so I gave it a go with a bunch of straps/chains, while trying to stay on relatively firm ground. Once I gave it a go, I sunk up to my front lug covers. I was able to power forward, find some firm ground, turn around and power back through the giant mess I made, but just barely. As of this morning, buddy's van is still axle deep in the muck (wet clay). So, it's obvious I need something for me (he sure needs something too). Maxtrax is only rated for a fraction of my vehicle's weight, so hoping there's an alternative. Thanks for letting me play through.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Hoping this isn't too much of a hijack, but does anyone know how Maxtrax or Maxas or whatever works with a heavy rig (19,500 GVWR)? I need to get something pronto. Spent last night trying to get my buddy out of my inlawss field where he stores his homebrew SMB when back in Europe. Field is saturated from springs, Winter rains, etc. My winch/bumper is still delayed (now three weeks delayed), so I gave it a go with a bunch of straps/chains, while trying to stay on relatively firm ground. Once I gave it a go, I sunk up to my front lug covers. I was able to power forward, find some firm ground, turn around and power back through the giant mess I made, but just barely. As of this morning, buddy's van is still axle deep in the muck (wet clay). So, it's obvious I need something for me (he sure needs something too). Maxtrax is only rated for a fraction of my vehicle's weight, so hoping there's an alternative. Thanks for letting me play through.
Take a look at the Go Treads - http://gotreads.com/

java

Expedition Leader
I have run a ~20-25klb RV over my maxtrax, they went flat... But popped right back into shape. No cracks or issues.

deminimis

Explorer
heard back from the Go Tred guy. Didn't give me a max vehicle weight rating, but did offer an anecdotal observation: Used on a 82,000# vehicle stuck in the snow at an unloading terminal. Worked and continues to be used three years later.

That's not much of an off-road evaluation, obviously, but at least it sounds strong enough to get me going (not bridging, of course). Plus, you get four of them for about half the price of the Maxtrax.

Last edited:

RangerXLT

Adventurer
I picked up a set of gotreads a few months ago. I'm satisfied with the price point on them and they store nice. Also they clearly state a lifetime warranty on breaks.

laufer

Welcome, katuah! They just arrived (from the warehouse in Ohio) and look great.

I should take a practice trip before summer...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues