Mitsubishi L300 4WD

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Hey:Wow1:I want to know when the next offroad event is too! that way I can have a chance to be there and see it all....:ylsmoke:

Thanks guys...

Not sure when the next event is, but i`ll make sure to let you know...

Next thing will be a temporary front skid plate for our snow wheeling trip to austria...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Here is hoping that everyone, including my friend -Steinez, has a happy new year! Cheers!:friday::campfire::beer::ar15::beer::iagree:

So we have been at austria for our new years trip. The car was parked on the highest point we could get because of the snow. Then they said there would be a snowstorm coming up and we decided to get the car down. But for whatever reason it decided not to start again. So i cleaned the spark plugs and some stuff, but it still didn`t fire up. I then called the road service, but they said they didn`t have time.
So we had to wait until the other day and the car was snowed in, in about 3 feet of fresh snow. I got some new spark plugs from the road service, but it still didn`t fire up. So we had to get a big tractor with chains to get the car down. The n we pulled it with the tractor and after a while it fired up. I don`t have to say that i was pissed off... :ar15::ar15:
After that i put in a new distributor cap and rotor, ignition leads and some new gaskets, hoping it was just some moisture that got into the distributor...

Yesterday i noticed that the heater wasn`t working, and then the temp gauge started raising. I got out of the car and noticed water pouring on the ground. I grabbed some water and poured it in the radiator, but it poured right out on the ground. So i had to get towed home again. I ordered a new radiator and will install it tomorrow...

Well, looks that i don`t have any luck with this damn car. But the good thing is, that there`s almost no old parts anymore, so it should become more reliable with every part that breaks (and get`s fixed)...

Well, in the maintime i started a new project: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/72593-Project-Mini-H%E4gglund?p=1030373#post1030373

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Steinez, sorry to hear about your mechanical problems. I sure hope everything gets worked out. What are your parts availability in Germany for those Mitsibushi Delicious? I heard parts were incredibly expensive. Anyways, you know the old rule. THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS!:Wow1: Hope all is well. Let everyone on the forum follow your progress.:)

Well there`s not much progress going on, just more braking parts. The newest thing is that the odometer stopped working... :mad:

But i had some free time at work, so i brought it in and changed all fluids and stuff. I also put in a new radiator...

img_0322npddz.jpg

img_0323w5elq.jpg

img_0321gze7n.jpg

And yes, parts are expensive as hell...

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Did you ever get that Delicious machine running on propane Steinez?:Wow1: You know we all love pics here on the forum so even if you have to wax that machine, GIVE US SOME PICS!:) Sorry to bother you(Chukle) but if you can make a Blazer so cool, then we really want to follow this build.... Cheers Chilli.:ylsmoke:

Well, i bought the propane kit a while ago, but didn't install it yet, because its just insane cold outside (-21C). Additional i just started the Hägglund project, so there's no time to work on the Ufo...

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Well, i bought the propane kit a while ago, but didn't install it yet, because its just insane cold outside (-21C). Additional i just started the Hägglund project, so there's no time to work on the Ufo...

Ufo?:Wow1: You got Ufo`s around your place?:Wow1: time to get the guns:ar15:ready!:)

So i started with a rear swingout today:

10415342gm.jpg

10415343oh.jpg

10415350sn.jpg

10415352zu.jpg

There will be the hilift and a shovel mounted, and a mount for three cherry cans...

Then i`ll built a nice kitchen cabinet, skidplates for the engine and transfer case and a nice front bumper...:Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete