Moab with two P38s and a DiscoII

spikemd

Explorer
A few pics from our trip to Moab last week. We had two P38s and one DiscoII doing Beef Basin, Bobby's Hole and Elephant Hill along with a more scenic tour of Arches NP. Four days of offroading and a total of 1950 miles driving. Not a hiccup out of any of the trucks. The P38 is a great offroad rig (insert rebuttal here) with either a spring lift or intact EAS. The two P38s below have stock EAS with skid plates and sliders and the Disco has a 2-3 inch lift. Longer Gen III airsprings and shocks will be put on both P38s next year. I will be doing a full write-up of the trip in the 'Completed Adventures' forum soon.

moab2011_beefbasin_trucks.jpg

moab2011_ted_steep.jpg

moab2011_rock1.jpg

moab2011_p38_front_rocks.jpg

moab2011_ehill_rgb_artic.jpg

moab2011_ehill_dn3.jpg

moab2011_ehill_end.jpg

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the post! Shows once again how great basically stock Rovers are off-road, and a well-deserved mark-up for the P38 as well!

David

DarthBeaver

Adventurer
yeah, spikemd loves his P38. but let's be honest, if it wasn't for the ARB fridge his rig would NEVER have made it.... :Wow1:

spikemd

Explorer
yeah, spikemd loves his P38. but let's be honest, if it wasn't for the ARB fridge his rig would NEVER have made it.... :Wow1:

Haha... yes, I love my ARB fridge in the P38. Finally, the Edgestars made through a trip without breaking down!

I scraped up the front steering guard and diff guard a few times, but the P38 did well on the trails. Can't wait to get GENIII longer airsprings and longer shocks sometime next year. The P38 is much better offroad than most realize...:ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333