Mortonm's 2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
any issues with the rear seat belt warning light? my wife has a badlands sport and it goes off intermittently and hard to reproduce
Nope. But we also turned off the rear seat occupant alert on the Bronco Sport and my F150. Not sure if that would make a difference?

Only issues we've had with the Bronco Sport is it kept going into deep sleep mode which prevented remote starting it with the FordPass app and the rubber cargo mat wouldn't stay attached to the driver side rear seatback. 1st world problems, hey?

That being said we only have 4,300 miles on it. The way she's going it *might* hit 5,000 miles by the time it has it's 1st birthday in July...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Nope. But we also turned off the rear seat occupant alert on the Bronco Sport and my F150. Not sure if that would make a difference?

Only issues we've had with the Bronco Sport is it kept going into deep sleep mode which prevented remote starting it with the FordPass app and the rubber cargo mat wouldn't stay attached to the driver side rear seatback. 1st world problems, hey?

That being said we only have 4,300 miles on it. The way she's going it *might* hit 5,000 miles by the time it has it's 1st birthday in July...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yeah I turned that off. It's different. Just shows someone is in the back seat and not wearing there belt when no one else is back there.

I do really like it thiugh, little rocket. It's never been and likely never will he offroad more than a gravel road. We went looking for a badlands but it qas a demo with 2000 miles and about 5 or 6 grand cheaper than a new big bend so it was an easy choice.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Yeah I turned that off. It's different. Just shows someone is in the back seat and not wearing there belt when no one else is back there.

I do really like it thiugh, little rocket. It's never been and likely never will he offroad more than a gravel road. We went looking for a badlands but it qas a demo with 2000 miles and about 5 or 6 grand cheaper than a new big bend so it was an easy choice.
Oh okay. Nope. Never had that issue.

Yeah, Badlands is nice with that 2.0L and 4WD system.

I doubt ours will never see offroad either (unless I 'borrow' it to 'see what it'll do'..... Shhhh.... don't tell...)

Because of this, we just went with an Outer Banks. Too bad we couldn't just option the 2.0L in the Outer Banks.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Oh okay. Nope. Never had that issue.

Yeah, Badlands is nice with that 2.0L and 4WD system.

I doubt ours will never see offroad either (unless I 'borrow' it to 'see what it'll do'..... Shhhh.... don't tell...)

Because of this, we just went with an Outer Banks. Too bad we couldn't just option the 2.0L in the Outer Banks.

yeah that 2.0L is really nice, I would have just gotten the outer banks otherwise.

I havent driven that engine but 180hp seems totally adequate

mortonm

Expedition Leader
I will be picking it up this Thursday, they needed a couple other parts when they opened it up that are getting delivered today

GetOutThere

Adventurer
I will be picking it up this Thursday, they needed a couple other parts when they opened it up that are getting delivered today

Good luck.

So far almost no one who has gotten it back in that 180 page thread on Bronco6g has actually had success.

Fingers crossed for you.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Good luck.

So far almost no one who has gotten it back in that 180 page thread on Bronco6g has actually had success.

Fingers crossed for you.

Yeah the noise came back within 48 hours. Getting warmer now so it's not as noticeable. Took it back to ford and the Ford engineer came to look and said it's normal...I also got the old revision of the syncro part

Guess we will see where this goes.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Over Easter I took the bronco for its first real challenge, if you can call that it that, a muddy rutted farmers road near the in-laws.

It was too difficult though I did get stuck twice. Unfortunately I do not have any pictures as I forgot my phone. The first obstance was a hole in the road over a small bridged section that had washed out, the hole was about 2 feet wide and about 5 feet deep, was able to straddle it and drive right over.

The first time I got stuck was crossing a rut and not going fast enough, the front end fell into it and i heard the frame land on the ground. The road was in decent shape except the ruts made by a tractor with signficnatly bigger tires than 32s...

In 4Lo, and with the rear locker on I could only really get about 6 inches of movement in both directions, we were legitimately pretty stuck. Luckily I had just bought some traction boards and with some application of the skinny pedal I was able to get out without much issue, the fenders did a pretty good job of keeping the flinging mud mostly off the vehicle.

We did get slightly stuck bout 10 feet further as I didnt quite pull out from the rut far enough, but the boards made quick work again.

hoping to get a short 2 or 3 night trip in this spring before heading to Pennsylvania in July for 4 nights in Bald Eagle State Forest

20230407-121230.jpg

20230407-121307.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Also after getting the traction boards muddy and tossing them back inside I knew it was time to sort something out.

I bought some rok straps and this appears to be a pretty easy and solid solution. Need to tinker a bit with the height and the tightness but I think it will work just fine.

20230406-131723.jpg

20230406-131704.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Heading out to Bald Eagle State Forest in Pennsyvania in a couple weeks, so starting to get ready for that. Not really a lot to do

I bought a new viair pump, so I want to try that out before I go as well as airing down with the TPMS display

I had the bronco out last week to run a hydro line road, it wasn't particularly difficulty but there were a couple of really steep sections that 4LO was used to get down in a controlled fashion.

I have the advanced transfer case, so my low range is 3.06:1. Witht he manual transmission I get the crawl gear, the combination of these two makes the gearing VERY low, almost unusable unless it is really steep or you are crawling larger rocks and need the control. Heading down a long, steep section in this combo was getting me about 1kph (0.6 mph) without any throttle or brake input

Unfortunately i did end up with my first bit of trail damage, a bush scraped along the passenger side (most of the way...) but it isnt too deep so most of that will likely buff out.

20230622-123556.jpg

20230622-125708.jpg

20230622-123607.jpg

20230622-190346.jpg

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
Love the steel wheels.

Those are the same size tires I have on my 2500 chev. I really need to upgrade. Lol.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Love the steel wheels.

Those are the same size tires I have on my 2500 chev. I really need to upgrade. Lol.
Agreed! part of the reason I went with the black diamond trim, though I may consider painting them a darker grey at some point, not sure

I plan on going to 255 80 R17 once these have worn in a bit more, other than being an inch short I really like them

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Another rminor upgrade, if you can call it that. All Broncos come with a rear corner recovery point. 2021 Black Diamond and Badlands came with one on each side, and I believe the badlands still does.

You can order this part and it's nearly $100 CAD which seems a lot for this. It is, however, cheaper than replacing both sides with something new so I went for it.

It's as easy as removing the two bolts that are holding the bumper to the frame rails. I did them none at a time so I wouldn't have to support the bumper.

Is it necessary? Maybe not but it does even up the look and give me the ability to hook uo to either corner in the rear end as well as the middle.

I now have 2 recovery points in the front and 3 in the back.

I included a picture of the part number in case anyone else is looking.

20230630-112350.jpg

20230630-112356.jpg

20230630-113320.jpg

20230630-113339.jpg

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
I hate that they only come with one rear point. My Jeep is the same and I still (after 7 years) haven't pulled the trigger on adding one for the other side. So good for you! Much more balanced looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears