Mounting RTT on roof solo

snwbrdr

Install alone in 15mins..

0c662a70f637fbf854c7b4dddfa2c83c.jpg

Kags1969

I had a receiver boom fabricated for about $300, the problem is that bastard is heavy as well. But I did use it to load my RTT, but I have just left it up there.

NatersXJ6

Explorer
You know how hard it is to resist not taking the obvious pot shot at this post?

I do. I laughed my way through posting it the first time. Alcohol helps. Fire away. We're here for fun as well as adventure.

However, I must defend the mother in law, she helps clean the garage! My wife has rarely helped with that.

inexplorata

Lots of pulleys up to the treehouse.

7luNYLv.jpg

... Actually only did this once a couple years ago, hilariously complicated.

These days, lighter RTT + pulling alongside pickup truck and standing in it with the wife helping gets it done.

dstock

Explorer
If I wanted to build my own, similar to the Deer hoist, where can I source that style of swivel bearing?

dstock

Explorer
As suggested earlier in this thread, I'm going to be extending the arm on this game hoist to remove the RTT. This was just a quick test fit, I haven't mounted the hand winch or the pulleys yet. It was too damn hot this weekend to do any welding!

i-83KgCTX-L.jpg

dstock

Explorer
and voila....it worked and nobody died!

i-BVrL8j5-L.jpg

There was quite a bit of flex in the receiver tube that comes with the hoist, coupled with the play with the square tube fitting over the round tube, but it did not seem like it was going to collapse or anything. I may add a couple stabilizing feet to the receiver tube part to prevent the lean seen here:
i-fRgqSHB-L.jpg

It's looks a lot worse in pictures! The boom extension is welded at an angle, so there's no flex there. Frankly, I should have just built the whole thing from scratch. I will probably end up re-working a couple of the pieces with thicker steel. It is nice that it breaks down for storage or it would be stupid heavy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk