My 01 Tahoe LT Build

stoute

Hey guys, I saw this site after a few Google results directed me to the 02 Tahoe here.

I just want to say thanks to all the info.

Ill post pics up later for everyone to see.

Here's what's been done so far

2001 Chevy Tahoe LT
Drivetrain: 5.3L Vortec, K&N ram Air intake, HD shift kit in rebuilt 4L60E, 4wd, 3.73 gears, g80 OEM locker
Suspension & Tires: cranked torsion bars, 285/75/16 Toyo MT
Armor: Buckstop front bumper
Audio: DVD headrest monitors, Alpine Type R rear speakers, Alpine Component Front Speakers, Alpine 4 channel amp, Rockford Fosgate 2 channel amp running 2 12" Infinity Kappa Perfect DVC subs

Things I have planned:
Custom sub box to replace the huge sub box that I had purchased when I didn't know what I wanted to do. It will replace the factory sub box beneath the rear drivers side panelling.
Roof top tent
Rear bumper for gas and water cans as well as a community trash can (tread lightly)
CB Radio
Laptop mount with GPS and topographic software
ARB rear locker
Center console fridge conversion

Last edited:

stoute

Yes that's it. I remembered all the info just not the format of his username. Lol it was late.

I love what he's done so far and now check back regularly.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Calplaya

Adventurer
Welcome to the forum! I think we would all be surprised how many of us were led to this site by that Tahoe lol, Im one of them myself lol! :p I cant wait to see pics of your rig! Thats one of my favorite generations of GM trucks/suv's!

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Welcome aboard, and thanks as ever for the references. I am humbled and honored by those who like my truck and join here because of it. I look forward to seeing pics of your work.

stoute

l_51a6288409afbb0a98fa4c554976eb41.jpg
This is a little old but right after I bought the tires

l_26c39694b39614c881a1ec87c458e118.jpg
You can see my old jeep in the background. that was a learning experience for sure.

l_08762b2fcb7ec8156be2f082e1dbed14.jpg

stoute

Thanks. Looking to get the z71 rear coils and f150 keys along with new torsion bars to lift it up a bit with out sacrificing MPG or balance. All while keeping costs low.

If my research is accurate I have 3.73s and the g80 locker.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Japes

Displaced Texan
Nice Rig, The bumper is sweet but it just looks weird, I guess its because I haven't seen a ton of Chevys with that style of bumper. It might just be that color.

Nice rig though, good luck with your future plans.

stoute

I've thought the color of the bumper is a little strange as well but until I scratch up that paint its staying that color. ;) I will eventually throw bedliner on it or maybe spray it gloss black so touch ups are easy.

thanks guys for your support I'm excited too.

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
Hey bud I just recently joined! I have a 2002 Tahoe. I'm digging the bumper anything new been done? That's my rig I included pics of btw lol
:beer: cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3425.jpg
    IMG_3425.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3428.jpg
    IMG_3428.jpg
    493.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3409.jpg
    IMG_3409.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 11

rob3827

I love how these tahoes look. 02tahoeMD has the truck that everyone is trying to build. That truck has brought me to this site as well. First saw it on z71tahoesuburban.com. Thank you 02tahoeMD for inspiring so many

MedicalCowboy

Adventurer
I very much agree with that last statement lol. 02tahoeMD helped my wife to realize the possibilties and gave me permission to go ahead lol without him I's still be in a soccer mom LT lol
But to object every so slightly I'm not trying to build his lol He's started his own trail, and helped us onto ours lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman