My 02 Avalanche NFE

Hello,
How is the new Avalanche doing? What are some things that you've done differently on this Avalanche? It's been great following your story.

Stryder106

Explorer
Hello,
How is the new Avalanche doing? What are some things that you've done differently on this Avalanche? It's been great following your story.
Thanks. Literally almost everything in the white truck is from my black. Things done differently: solidified the roof rack as the white truck doesn't have a sunroof - so no ability to stand up through it; Torsion bars - Sway Away custom grind to give me 23% more spring rate in the front end; different front bumper design - more stout; center drop out in the front bumper to allow me to remove the winch for maintenance; Baja Designs front pod lights; slider welded to plates, plates welded to frame (much stronger); 5 planetary in the transmission (previous was 4); slightly different angles on the rear shocks; much more frame plating in the rear half; relocated frame cross supports to allow me the room to add in auxiliary tanks underneath if I so choose; Cognito UCA's - this truck I went with the solid uni-ball upper ball joints; made the fuel pump access panel bigger than the last truck (hard won experience); heavier duty lower front ball joints.

Other than - the same.

sfisher

different front bumper design - more stout; center drop out in the front bumper to allow me to remove the winch for maintenance; Baja Designs front pod lights; slider welded to plates, plates welded to frame (much stronger);

Any chance of seeing the new bumper? I really liked the previous one and would use it as an example for a bumper on my ‘03.

The white replacement looks great too!

Thanks!

Hi,
How did you mount the roof rack? I'm looking at Ezi-Awn. Did you mount it using the stock GM railings? I didn't get that option on my Avalanche. My idea is to mount some solar panels using the RedArc system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater