My 03 Expo Xtra!

gengouscon

I have been slowly modding my Xterra to be used for expedition purposes. I love finding new ideas for projects on this site and feel I should add my two cents. Here is what she looks like in her present state:

IMG_0190.jpg
IMG_0248.jpg

Recently added new wheels and tires to her. She sits on 35x12.50r15 BFG Mud Terrain KM2s with 15x8 rock crawler steel wheels. Just added calmini upper control arms for added lift!

IMG_0218.jpg
IMG_0224.jpg

Calmini upper control arms and Rancho shocks make for a nice Red, White, and Blue scheme going on!

DIY LOBO rack! It houses my tire repair kit, shovel, jumper cables, tow strap, sleeping bag and mat, and has plenty of extra room for small things.

IMG_0214.jpg

Here is a freshly built and not finished tool/storage box for the rear. Full drawer with heavy duty slides. The top of the drawer itself is hinged and can open when fully extended out...this way I can have additional surface area.

IMG_0234.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg

It still needs a new front bumper. New to the area and haven't met any fab guys yet! Soon to come....Expedition trailer converted from a 5x8 enclosed trailer!

travelin_ozzie

Looking good! I plan on doing something similar to your DIY Lobo...how do you keep it from swinging side to side and taking out one of your rear windows?

Racerfanny

Wow, rebuild is successful. It is cool.
attachment.php

gengouscon

Looking good! I plan on doing something similar to your DIY Lobo...how do you keep it from swinging side to side and taking out one of your rear windows?

Thanks! That was a fun and easy project. It does swing a tiny bit and I purchased the rubber tips for the shelf. The carabiners for the part of the rack closest to the back seat are at such an angle, they have to play. I'll get a picture up this evening of it all!

gengouscon

How were you able to stuff 35s in there?

Good looking rig btw! 🏽

Thanks! It certainly was fun. My previous 35s were ATs and didn't rub. When I got the mud terrains, I had to cut the fenders a little. They stuff nicely now! I'll be snagging some pictures of it this weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman