My 06 Tacoma TRD Build

sytfu510

Urban UAV
How much compression do you have in the rear with this setup it does not look like much

I compress the shock fully. Compressed measurement is 19.585". Even with the rear stretched out fully, the shock still has a couple more inches to go. The shocks max ext length is 31.585". I just switched back to OEM hangers, so going to check it out again. Still working out the rear setup.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Installed the Defined Engineering Shackle Hanger Brace. No pictures of it mounted yet, just one after painting it:

liveD4f1Ym.jpg

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Updates:

Installed DE shackle brace:
livedCeFYK.jpg

liveC9IwNj.jpg

Cut 2.5" off of my fender & flare to help keep the wheels from rubbing.
liveRnvvBs.jpg

Safari Snorkel Installed:
293486_10151375261559517_632810573_n.jpg

cam-shaft

Bluebird days
Looking good. How about a ride height picture just showing full truck at rest from side directly on. Could you give a wheel center to bottom of factory flare measurement, I will just add the 2.5" to measurement, assuming your are pretty confident with your tape measure and cutting ability.:) I like the DE cross brace, I almost went that route until it was to late and I bent my shackle mount.

Thanks in advance, Cam-shaft.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Looking good. How about a ride height picture just showing full truck at rest from side directly on. Could you give a wheel center to bottom of factory flare measurement, I will just add the 2.5" to measurement, assuming your are pretty confident with your tape measure and cutting ability.:) I like the DE cross brace, I almost went that route until it was to late and I bent my shackle mount.

Thanks in advance, Cam-shaft.

Hey, I'll try to get it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

soundman1463

Expedition Padawan
I'm in awe! Your truck is looking like I have envisioned my own truck. We both have the same platforms. Just a couple questions.
What is the benefit of the shackle hanger brace?

The front Kings are they the OEM replacement, if so how does it ride with the 700# spring and what is the length of the spring?

Thanks very much!

sytfu510

Urban UAV
I'm in awe! Your truck is looking like I have envisioned my own truck. We both have the same platforms. Just a couple questions.
What is the benefit of the shackle hanger brace?

The front Kings are they the OEM replacement, if so how does it ride with the 700# spring and what is the length of the spring?

Thanks very much!

Thanks! The DE shackle brace it to help keep the hangers from being bent inward off road or under load. ( Or both ). The only issue is that you can no longer keep your spare tire in the OEM location. As for the Kings, the front are the OE replacement series, and it rides fine with the 700# springs, however I have a lot of extra weight ( plate bumper/winch/skids/etc ) As for length of spring I'm unsure but it is there OE replacement performance coil-over. Next year I plan to upgrade to similar Kings with more travel.

sytfu510

Urban UAV
Needed up update the thread.

New Changes:

-OkLedlightbars.com 40" Double Row LED Light Bar ( Mount using custom bolt on plates to the OEM mounting holes on the roof )
-Custom Bed Rack, holds 2 mountain bikes, has 3 1.5" Diameter hoops. Hi-Lift Mount and Yakima Mega warrior Basket w/Extension.
-Modified My pelican case to be more organized and the top can now double as a table.
-Got my 20# C02 system together. Still need to build a mount for it.

Inside of the Bed Rack, bolted to the OEM bed rails.

livewVOvPt.jpg

Pictures with the Bikes on: ( prior to the hoops )

livejBDGK1.jpg

Getting the Hoops added on:

liveEwwz57.jpg

Outside after the 3 Hoops were added along with the Hi-Lift Mount:

live4th816.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal