My 2012 Ford F150 EcoBoost Thread

ThomasB

Here's a look into my White and Tan 2012 F150 3.5L Ecoboost build.. or atleast the start of a long slow build

I have been lurking around the forums for quite awhile, finally decided to join in :)
I purchased this truck a few months ago when my old tahoe was on its last leg, being active duty i started traveling and needed a reliable truck, when i found out i was moving from South Carolina to California i decided to look into RTTs and decided to go with a CVT to help enjoy my travels across the US and experiences out west since.... i have never been...i leave for CA in 1 week so here is what i have started on.

I could not find a suitable roof rack to work with my Retrax tonneau cover, so we decided to design one to work around it,

First a wood design:
IMG_2091.JPG-1.jpeg
IMG_2080.JPG.jpeg

Then cut holes for the Pocket Anchors and installed:
IMG_6794.jpg
IMG_6796.jpg
IMG_6797.jpg
IMG_6801.jpg
IMG_6805.jpg

Then the Retrax back went on:
IMG_6808.jpg
IMG_6817.jpg

Now the Main Rack goes on:
IMG_6826.jpg

More pictures to come:

Last edited:

ThomasB

IMG_6819.jpg

Once the Main rack was bolted down we bolted on the guides for the adjustable legs:
IMG_6832.jpg
IMG_6834.jpg

Then we fit in the Adjustable rack where the RTT will mount:
IMG_1646.jpg
IMG_6835.jpg

Then the Tent was mounted:
IMG_1656-1.jpg
IMG_1657-1.jpg
IMG_1655-1.jpg
IMG_1654-1.jpg
IMG_1659.jpg

All feedbacks greatly appreciated on what you guys think of this rack, looking forward to sharing more mods coming soon

p nut

butter
Looks great! Seems like an ideal set up for your travels. Have fun.
-
How many miles on the truck, by the way?

ThomasB

Looks great! Seems like an ideal set up for your travels. Have fun.
-
How many miles on the truck, by the way?

Thanks!, Yes the idea behind the set up was a for slicker look while driving, and for quick one night stays on my travel i probably wont jack the cargo rack up, but for longer stays when i set the annex room up the cargo rack will be jacked up for more overhead room.

i bought the truck with 45,000miles on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk