My Boomerang 1st Gen 4runner build

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Beautiful 4Runner! And a great job on the storage and slide-outs. Looks like you'll definitely be prepared for your trip.

Thanks. We're looking forward to it.

Looks amazing as always.
What did you use to protect the wood?
thanks. I used rustoleum restore(outside). It's a textured stain, and really seems to do well in my application. The texture keeps everything placed on it from sliding around and looks good doing it. On the inside I just used a basic white paint to help in lower light conditions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
I built it, and bolted it through the roof. I made rubber gaskets to go between the feet of the rack and the roof, then used black silicone to seal around the hole underneath the gaskets and on top where the feet set.
Its mounted at the strongest points on the top and can be stood on with no problems. I plan on using it to carry tents, clothing, sleeping bags, chairs etc...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

85x85

Your ride is inspirational. Read every update. If you ever venture out west to CA, shoot me a PM. It would be awesome to hit the trails. Cheers!

ca18_sean

Adventurer
Good idea with the Rustoleum Restore! I used that on my deck a couple years ago and it's holding up great. I think I'll use it on my interior as well.

dorton

#rockcreekoverland
Thanks for the compliments. I thought I had already updated the thread. Looks like it's been a while.
fdcef833fec363e393e81dc91b165574.jpg

3bce712829a70ea99a84cfa7120309c5.jpg

1eebc5faaebf421bad2d52fb794c6df4.jpg

829c79c05071ecd8238b78ae4175d9ae.jpg

We did 5989 miles worth of highway and wheeling back in July 14. I started having drivability issues, which ended with me replacing the "new" aftermarket cylinder head in a parking lot in grand junction colorado. Work and other obligations have slowed the progress down on it. Hopefully I can change that soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater