My Build Has Begun

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I just got an email; no more pics 'til Monday. They're swamped and it snowed again...
But should be done on Thursday next week and ready for Chris to do a walk-through on Friday. Still on for delivery Monday the 21st.

The color is close. Enough mud and it'll match fine.

And the interior? It's in rough-out now; it will be a lovely finished birch.

Glamping was never so refined.

:ylsmoke:

AFSOC

Explorer
That's really looking great. Color matched to the Jeep will make a real statement. Can't wait for more pics.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
:drool:

galley.jpg

Optima4trailer.jpg

Seven more long days.
Tick tock.

I redid my wiring on the Jeep yesterday and went to the dealer to try it out on one of their trailers; I was pretty relieved that I did it correctly. The diagram that I got at first from Little Guy was upside-down and backward. :Wow1:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Is there a picture??? I think work is blocking it... Guess I'll have to wait till I get home. :(

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Very cool... now I see the pics. How many batteries? Just the one?

(on a side note, dont you have a EU2000i?)

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Very cool... now I see the pics. How many batteries? Just the one?

(on a side note, dont you have a EU2000i?)
Two batteries.

I've got the Honda 1000 gennie. And I'm trying to remember the last time I cranked it up... ...with the cancer and all, I don't think I've started it since June. :Wow1: Probably needs a cleaning.
Wanna buy it?

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Two batteries.

I've got the Honda 1000 gennie. And I'm trying to remember the last time I cranked it up... ...with the cancer and all, I don't think I've started it since June. :Wow1: Probably needs a cleaning.
Wanna buy it?

Naw... I need a 2000. Thats why I was asking, I wanted to try it out to see if it would pull my little A/C unit.

~ Stump

AFSOC

Explorer
Bill, the trailer must be close to finished now. Do you have any pics to share of her in the home stretch?

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill, the trailer must be close to finished now. Do you have any pics to share of her in the home stretch?
I've been begging for them but they're busy. I can understand that; they set a very ambitious delivery date and want to stick to it.
Still scheduled to be finished tomorrow morning and towed down here behind Chris' truck over the weekend.

Maybe some more teaser photos later if they get a chance.

They're good at what they do and I'm trying to give them their space. But the anticipation is nearly crippling. Now I understand how my dog feels when I'm just about to put her dinner dish on the floor.

gimme gimme gimme gimme gimme...
hungry.gif

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Just got an email; more pics promised for later...

They work quickly because they have a team of elves that live in a hollow tree. :ylsmoke:

But really, it's a team of veteran wood-crafters with a good work ethic. I was in an Amish shop in PA and was really impressed. They were making furniture that was truly awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach