My DIY solution to the UEV 440

Redeth005

Adventurer
Man this was an awesome update. thank you for sharing. It looks amazing when it's all popped out and set up.

On a side note i wanted to thank you for your feedback a few months ago on the use of pop-rivets! It was so easy to use and after putting some silicone on the joints it is fully waterproof!
Here is a quick shot of what you inspired!

I still have to figure out a way to use skateboard bearings to make a strong pull out drawer like yours. I gotta figure out a way to make it work first. So far i keep drawing blanks on making it work!

Anyway thanks a lot for your input. i really appreciate it and keep posting pix! the trailer is bad ***!

Rutdigger

Watch This!
On a side note i wanted to thank you for your feedback a few months ago on the use of pop-rivets! Anyway thanks a lot for your input. i really appreciate it and keep posting pix! the trailer is bad ***!

No problem! I'm glad it worked out for ya!

Karoo Klong

That's awesome Rutdigger!
I really enjoy every post you do.
Keep up the good work.

Me and the wife are setting up to buy a house so my camping project will be way on the back burner. But hopefully not to far away.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Rutdigger

Watch This!
Pending Awning Build

This is a video of the next project I'm going to build. I love the design of this thing and will work great with a straight pull awning on the opposite side.

FMF

Adventurer
You will love the space that this type of awning provides! Let me know if you need any detailed photos of it.

5.jpg

FMF

Adventurer
I will get some of the close up pics you requested next time we open it up. there are a few pics in my build page that have some of
What your looking for.

Rutdigger

Watch This!
I'm interested in the pictures of the fox wing awning. I was planning on building one of those too.

I looked at the Fox Wings also; but for my application I think the Bundutec will be much better. There are some excellent threads on here of awnings and atleast a DIY one or two. I can't for the life of me find the thread of the DIY Foxwing a guy built. If I find it I will post a link to it here..

Rutdigger

Watch This!
A fix for some problems

Ok, if you have been following my thread you know that the last outing revealed some issues. One that I forgot to mention and the other with the hot water heater hose insulation. So I changed out the hot water hoses with some all metal yellow gas line. This provides me with 100% metal in the heater box. I tell ya, it was a pain in the butt to piece together all the fitting needed to make this conversion. Next is to find a good insulation that is heat resistant. Here is a pic of the lines.

025.jpg

The other problem I addressed today was the need for a water filter to have safe water. The water tank I ordered has about a 1/2 space from the bottom of the tank to the bottom of the drain hole. This space will inherently leave some water in the tank and there is no access lid like on the tanks you see at Harbor Freight etc. I intend to treat it with tablets thru the vent hole but I wanted a better solution. So I installed a RV in-line water filter.

026.jpg

I cut an access hole in the space between the wheel well and the kitchen wall and attached the filter there. I can change it out every 6 months by removing the 9 screws holding the mounting plate on. I installed a t-fitting in the hose feeding the utility water and installed a facet tap to fill up our water bottles.

027.jpg

028.jpg

I am hoping to get the rear canvas screen and door done tomorrow and possibly the mattress cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach