My Limb Riser Setup With Pictures and Supply List

DDabs

Awesome write up. I am planning on doing this since I have an ARB bar with a roof rack. I have a great way of attaching the lines to the rack, but I was wondering if there was a different way of mounting to the ARB bar? Such as a hose clamp type fitting that could wrap around the bar instead of drilling into it?

KevinMLee

Wannabe
Awesome write up. I am planning on doing this since I have an ARB bar with a roof rack. I have a great way of attaching the lines to the rack, but I was wondering if there was a different way of mounting to the ARB bar? Such as a hose clamp type fitting that could wrap around the bar instead of drilling into it?

Funny you should ask. I've been meaning to revisit this and consider a non destructive alternative.

So there's a piece of hardware called "Shaft Collars" in a 2-piece form that I've been playing with. And they look something like this:

What I would do is drill and tap... Rather drill press and tap threads into one of the collar rings to put an eye on it.

But then I stumbled upon these:

These seem to be pre drilled and tapped already.... Looks counter sunk on one side to just insert a screw and then you can add an eye no problem.

Here's the companies info in that regard.

http://www.staffordmfg.com/Product-Categories/Shaft-Mounting-Collars-2-Piece-Stackable-(Cap)

Abe Froman

Adventurer
It appears that the snorkle "head" is higher than the limb riser cable on the passenger side.
Wouldn't a branch just run along the cable and hook under the snorkle head?

The CT defender runs the cable above the snorkle, which seems like a better solution if the goal is to divert branches up and over the vehicle to prevent damage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 31

twiisted71

Adventurer
Dunno what diameter your brush guard is but most aftermarket offroad companies offer roll cage tube clamps up to 2" ID that clamshell around a tube and fasten with 6 allen head bolts. Little on the expensive side for me, but I have a welder and would just burn a tab on the bar and call it good. Another option is to form a piece of steel bar stock 1/8-3/16 thick by 1" wide around your tube and make a tab that turns 90* out from the bar on each end and drill a hole through them. Make the wrapped part a little "short" so the bolt will squeeze the strap down and hold in place due to friction. This may sound complicated but just look at an end fence post on a chainlink fence to see how the fencing is held to the post. Some silicone smeared around the inner diameter of the strap would keep it from chewing up your bar's finish.

See 1st picture on this page the two "band" type fittings are what I'm describing. Heck your local hdware store might have just the item!

http://eprivacylink.com/products/fence-fittings-hardware-and-accessories/2907-2/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77