My M101A2 build..

NJAdam

Workin' on it...
Here she is. Finally moved it into the garage.

image.jpg

It'll be a long project but we all start somewhere..

Plans are a camper/gear hauler. Will spend weekends hunting/camping on my parents property once it's finished. Will serve as a gear hauler for my company (see signature).

Current Goals.

Hitch swap?
Axle swap.
New wiring/lights.
Solar recharging.
All LED lighting.
Additional Fuel storage.
Water storage/Running water.
Cooking capabilities.
Heated sleep area.
Secured storage.
Of course new paint and body work.

I'm not sure on plans for the roof portion yet. I'll be surfing and searching for ideas. Not sure if I should go soft top or hardtop, or a mix of both.

Will be pulled by my 05 Jeep LJ until something better comes along!

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
I believe that's a M101A1....sounds like a fun project. Take a look at the Max Coupler if you're planning on some tongue modifications.

Good luck with it.

NJAdam

Workin' on it...
I'll check the data plate again, almost positive it said 2..

Could be wrong though, no ones perfect ;)

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Doesn't really matter...they're all built like brick ******** houses.

By the time you get an axle swap done, you'll shave some weight off getting rid of those big ol' split rims. I tend to think if you're going to be using it for four season, a hard top may serve you better, but it's also a trade off with weight sometimes.

If you have any questions, or need help, there's just tons of good info here.

NJAdam

Workin' on it...
Yes, I've been a lurker here for about a year with no profile. Reading threads, and so on.

Can anyone recommend a price range to sell the "stock" axle and wheels??

RagnarD

Adventurer
Best bet is to post on CL or steel soldiers. I ended up taking a lot of my take off parts to the scrap yard.

E Dr. P

Observer
If the tires are in good shape (not cracked) you can get around $100 each on the wheels. If the tires are junk you can sell the wheels for about $50 bucks each. They will fit Dodge Power Wagons and m37s.

NJAdam

Workin' on it...
If the tires are in good shape (not cracked) you can get around $100 each on the wheels. If the tires are junk you can sell the wheels for about $50 bucks each. They will fit Dodge Power Wagons and m37s.

Tires are in great shape. Thanks!

Oh, and your landing leg is attached backwards in case you wanted to know.:)

I did not know that, thank you. Although it will be replaced as well..

First step is going to be bang out all the dents, straighten out the rails the best I can.

Then I'm going to lay out and tack in the frame work for the sleeping area and mock up the fuel/water storage tank brackets. Once that's all said and done I'm having the bed and top rails soda blasted and primed/sealed and then sprayed with bed-liner to close it all up. I will have drain plugs "just in case".

Once I hit that point, I will have the options for quite a few routes on what's next. Hopefully in the next week or two I shall gather the materials I need to do so.

Still recovering from "Sandy" and still have some ends to tie up on the house with that (hence the bare garage and 0 tools!) so I gotta get that straight first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater