My new 2nd Gen Montero

Ataki

Greetings everyone! Although I've been on the portal for some time now, I finally have something that could be expedition worthy someday, so this is my first post.
I just picked up this 1994 Montero LS last weekend, for $700.
20130211_1358431_zps489318dd.jpg

20130211_1359001_zpsec9b31e8.jpg

It ran somewhat poorly, Made a knocking sound while running, the tach and speedo don't work, and has the flashing front diff lights.
It turns out it was missing several vacuum lines, and the exhaust was hitting the crossmember. So those two things were an easy fix. I tracked the flashing lights down to a bad free-wheel switch. Even with these issues, I already love this thing. I can't wait to get started on a build, once I overcome the years of neglect and abuse it's suffered at the hands of the previous owners.

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
Congratulations! $700 is a great deal on a running Montero! How many miles does the rig have?

Ataki

Congratulations! $700 is a great deal on a running Montero! How many miles does the rig have?
Thanks! I figure anything that runs for under a thousand is a bargain. The odometer reads 144,399 But the previous owner said the speedometer had never worked for the 2 years he had it. Judging by the overall condition, and the many original parts, I would guess somewhere in the 175,000 range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal