my new 6 wheel land rover defender

daz_247

i have got it 24 spline and it hs been done so i can upgrade to 6x6 i have also put a lighter spring on the 3rd axel so it wont scrub the tyres and shoud help me when offroad

evilfij

Explorer
i have got it 24 spline and it hs been done so i can upgrade to 6x6 i have also put a lighter spring on the 3rd axel so it wont scrub the tyres and shoud help me when offroad

Then you should be fine with dual ARBs. You could save some coin by going with a Trutrac front and Detroit rear, but ARBs are better off road (than a TT) and on road you don't get the Detroit's handling characteristics.

daz_247

well over the last month i have had decided to go with a 4x4 on a 150 inch chassis and the crewcab will seat 6 with a demount body on the back
24082009885.jpg

24082009886.jpg

Last edited:

66gaza

My Dad has a Rapier with a demountable and I have a good friend with a 150" Ibex 4x4 crewcab with a demountable whom I went round Iceland with.

Gaza

daz_247

My Dad has a Rapier with a demountable and I have a good friend with a 150" Ibex 4x4 crewcab with a demountable whom I went round Iceland with.

Gaza
ok have you ny pic's???
so what do you think of the domount camper on a landrover any probs??

Cody1771

Explorer
if i where looking at going with a demountable i would build a flat deck with your 3 point or 6 point mounts, that way you keep the regidness with the camper. you could even build up the deck with storage units and put one of those massive full size truck in bed campers on it...

66gaza

ok have you ny pic's???
so what do you think of the domount camper on a landrover any probs??

Everything has its pro's & con's, I would prefer it to be not demountable as it adds weight, height and if a pickup is used then quite a bit of space is wasted on the flip side the vehicle is still a useable pickup when the camper is off, the choice is yours. The Ibex has a 300tdi and when Wal the owner took it for a run over the M62 thought he had made a bad choice as he was down to 3rd I think. He has since put a larger intercooler in and messed with the fueling and is much happier with it. My Dads Rapier now has a chipped TD5 (170HP) and he is very happy with it. Wal built a crewcab as he envisaged taking his grand children with him, AFAIK one of them has been with him once. My Dad has toyed for several years about turning his demountable into a fixed camper as he would drop an estimated 250kg, reduce height and reduce his overhang and be able to accesss the camper directly in inclement weather but for me he might aswell start again. A 150" wheelbase if it were not a Crewcab would be a nice size for a camper, I am fairly sure the Ibex has a 150" WB.

Gaza

Last edited:

daz_247

Everything has its pro's & con's, I would prefer it to be not demountable as it adds weight, height and if a pickup is used then quite a bit of space is wasted on the flip side the vehicle is still a useable pickup when the camper is off, the choice is yours. The Ibex has a 300tdi and when Wal the owner took it for a run over the M62 thought he had made a bad choice as he was down to 3rd I think. He has since put a larger intercooler in and messed with the fueling and is much happier with it. My Dads Rapier now has a chipped TD5 (170HP) and he is very happy with it. Wal built a crewcab as he envisaged taking his grand children with him, AFAIK one of them has been with him once. My Dad has toyed for several years about turning his demountable into a fixed camper as he would drop an estimated 250kg, reduce height and reduce his overhang and be able to accesss the camper directly in inclement weather but for me he might aswell start again. A 150" wheelbase if it were not a Crewcab would be a nice size for a camper, I am fairly sure the Ibex has a 150" WB.

Gaza
ok looks good hav you any pic's of the inside??
do ou want to sell he demount body ££££££££?

ok i am haveing a flat bed with a 4 pin demount the floor should be 7 ft long but dont hold me to that yet
a i am having a 2800cc turbo isizu it should pull 75 80 mph as y mate has a 130 that pulls 100mph with a range rover transfer box

but the trip i was building this for has fallen throw as my to mates cant make the trip we planed ( wife wont let him go ) so now thinking of a place to go on my own so want to have a home from home in the landy
will ad som more pics soon

Last edited:

66gaza

The demountable on the Rapier belongs to my Dad, he's stuck with it now as he's too old to do another. Sorry I don't have pics of the inside. Will you be demounting it when its done?

Gaza

daz_247

yes it ill be fully demountable so can park it up and go of in the landrover
we had planed on going up into th mountins so would have beed good

66gaza

the floor should be 7 ft long but dont hold me to that yet

My Dads has a floor length of 8'6" and to me its cozy for 2. The Crewcab might be able to carry 6 but how many are you planning to sleep with only a 7' floor it will be very tight if you want luxuries like toilet/shower etc.

Gaza

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater