My new to me Kamparoo

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Purchased this 2010 Kamparoo Transcontinental model (with kitchen) from a gentleman in Michigan.

From reading reviews here it seems they are quite well built and capable on fairly difficult tracks.

Can't wait to go pick it up next week!

3958.jpg
3957.jpg

rustED

Adventurer
Looks like a sweet trailer, should be plenty comfy to sleep in, look forward to seeing some more pics after you get it!

kbahus

Adventurer
Too funny, we really wanted that trailer but couldn't come up with the spare cash. I even put my fj40 up for sale to try and pay for it but noticed the ad was deleted today. Glad it went to someone that knows what it is and will use it!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Yes indeed this is from Tecumseh at a fair price. Kbahus, what is your FJ40 like? I am always tempted by interesting trades! :)

Xrunner

Explorer
Nice! I've got an older one (no kitchen) and we really like it.

I remember seeing that one... he had a older Tundra, right? I kept eyeing it but couldn't swing the road trip from Colorado.

fireball

Explorer
Congrats Adam, that'll be a fun little addition to the fleet!

Slide out kitchen in that Al drawer box on the side?

You making a road trip out to MI to pick it up next week?

Fun times!

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Yes indeed, road trip on Thursday to go pick it up.

Heres a photo of the Kamparoo kitchen (not actual trailer) :

photo%201-M.jpg

No reason to have a fridge in the trailer IMO - I'd rather keep it in the vehicle so I have lunch/cold drinks with me wherever I go.

The kitchen, combined with the "hard floor" standing room and real queen mattress, were the biggest factors in the decision. I had budgeted out for improvements to my RTT setup including a better mattress and kitchen/drawer system in the back of the Xterra, and the total cost would have been significant. This trailer checks all those boxes with the added benefit of being able to establish a base camp and then move about in the vehicle. (The biggest and largely unspoken disadvantage of a RTT)

ripperj

Explorer
Nice!!,
I really screwed up when one of these showed up for sale local and cheap, like new too. I had just bought a truck camper so I passed. Yours is nicer, this one didn't have the pullout kitchen

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven