My project build/ Expo trailer.

HAFICON

Adventurer
Trailer got into a little accident and it is was warped pretty bad... Cut the body off and starting all over. Well almost....

Plasma cutter made quick work of it at least...
IMG_1151.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

Started on the new frame. Going with my original plan and building a removable box. I wanted to do it out of aluminum but cost of material is just to high.

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

rustED

Adventurer
Sorry to hear about the accident, look forward to seeing your rebuild! At the rate I'm going you'll have your 3rd revision of your trailer done before I finish my first, lol!

HAFICON

Adventurer
Well it sucs, but just opens new doors.. I have to many projects going I need to finish some up....

HAFICON

Adventurer
Trign to keep it simple...

Box built, lid over hangs in the front a little just to allow for exterior storage.
IMG_1186.jpg

Built my own hinges.
Hinge.jpg

These are the start for latches...
Latch.jpg

First prime coat.
IMG_1248.jpg

Today I built the anchor points.. The body will be removable to allow the trailer to transform from flat bed to cargo. I will drill them and the box will bolt down to the bed...
Anchor.jpg

Lots more to come... Putting in a full day tomorrow.

rustED

Adventurer
Looks great, the aluminum diamond plate really makes it pop! I bet it's alot lighter now. Nice work, are you going to make the tailgate drop down or swing out?

HAFICON

Adventurer
Thanks..

Will be swing out. Only way I know how to explain it is it will be like barn doors. Will be two small doors that latch together in the middle.

HAFICON

Adventurer
So I finished the rear doors, they came out great I love it.

image.jpg

I am having a few issues though, with the new box style my toung weight is jacked up. I have to add a little weight up front to balance it out.

Also my trailer brakes stick as soon as I plug in my 7 pin connector. Anyone know why? Brakes have maybe 1k miles on them never been under water or in mud. I had to cut the wires to get the trailer to move.

On a more positive not had a friend make me a collapsible fire pit/grill.
image.jpg

Sounds like the center pin on the trailer plug has full power..that should be trailer brakes ....cool on the fire pit!grill

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Sounds like the center pin on the trailer plug has full power..that should be trailer brakes ....cool on the fire pit!grill

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I agree, but you're wrong on the pin. Center pin is Aux/Reverse

SSE5d5w.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater