Myway trailer tent vs, Eezi Awn trailer tent

zornff

I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Myway trailer tent. I've seen the Ezi Awn globetrotter and its sweet. The Myway seems to have a bigger room attached, and alot more awning area to be able to walk around the tent and trailer area in inclament weather. With the extra awning area there are also more poles and guy lines involved, meaning longer set up time. I think it would be worth the extra set up time, and wifey wants more awning area than the Eezi Awn looks to provide. Pics, thoughts ?

Thanks, Mike

78' FJ-45.5 x-cab soft top, custom built 5' bed. 2f w/tbi,114"wb, 4 linked 1/4 eliped, fj60 axles, Fox shocks, arb f/r, 4:88 rockbox/orion, 39's blah, blah, blah....
78' FJ-55 new 2f. fj60 ps, 4" lift,u-bolt flip,33's,,full body resto finally done ! SOLD
'07.5 RAM 3500 Megacab Cummins T/D
'08 Toyota Landcruiser

Romer

Adventurer
Mike. I think the myway and the Serengeti are the same tent. Thats what I got from my research. Another member posted up their serengeti in the thread I did on my GT

gasman

Adventurer
yup that was me.. the serengitti is made by my way tents from south africa by jan marris imported by fernando at camping labs.. great tent

gasman

Adventurer
the set up aint that bad really .. yes there are more poles and ropes but once youve done it a couple of times its a piece of cake.. we can set up in the dark in about 10 mins. . the awning is huge and it is actually 2 pieces zippered together and velcroed , you can set it up a couple of different configurations wich is nice and i understand that they have come up with a smaller version in case you dont want the big one on.. i like the big fly cuz it seems every time i camp it rains.. my girlfriend likes the extra room as well. the matress is very comfortable.. best sleep ive ever had camping.. the tent is very dark inside.. during the day time with all the windows open it is still dark.. but not too dark that you cant see or nothing.. the entire front wall will open as long as there are no bugs.. the african model tent has a bug screen wall , while the north american version does not.. that i can deal with i plan on making a screen of my own ..i i hear some of the other tents have a problem with little gaps that the bugs can get in , not an isuse with this tent . we camp in the blackfly / mosquito capital of the world and they dont get in.. 9 pm trying to clean some fish, the mosquitos were so bad last time you could slap your hands together and kill a dozen of the little buggers each time..
any way.... over all it is an amazing tent and sitting on top of my m101 it is pretty unique.. if you get one you will have to get used to people stopping you and asking about it..

i hope ive helped you im sure the ezi awn is a good tent as well . we just wanted more room

zornff

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the pics Ken.
I am building a 416, and have been using our rtt for a couple of seasons. It seems like most times we camp it rains also, and more area under roof would be nice.
You say the fly can be set up in a couple of different configurations, could you elaborate on that ? It would be nice if there were a quick pitch set up for an overnite stop. Thanks in advance.

Mike

gasman

Adventurer
ok so the fly has this zipper wich makes it about 1/3 smaller maybe.. if you then turn it around it dosnt overhang the fornt or back as much depending wich way you hook it on... clear as mud ?? the new fly coming out is supposed to be for those quick one night set ups but i havnt seen it yet..

rarecj8

Observer
holy thread from the past

i am looking hard at a new serengeti and plan is to place it on top of a pack muile trailer-- about 4' from ground to mounting deck. anyone have any experience mounting to a trailer?

thanks

wee, first post!

gasman

Adventurer
i am looking hard at a new serengeti and plan is to place it on top of a pack muile trailer-- about 4' from ground to mounting deck. anyone have any experience mounting to a trailer?

thanks

wee, first post!

the serengetti trailer tent is designed to be 56 to 59'' from the ground to the mounting surface, 4' is a little short, and i believe the tent will be all bunched up,
but .. anything is possible with a little ingenuity, if ya cut down the ground room and shortened the doors and stuff you would be ok, you would need to find somebuddy who could sew canvas for you,

JPK

Explorer
Think tent makers, sail makers, custom boat top/cover/convas makers - probably some around Lake Tahoe. We have a ton of boat canvas companies here near DC in the Annapolis, MD area because of all of the boating.

JPK

rarecj8

Observer
tnx for replies. am not getting posts when t here is a reply even to a subscribed thread, so i haveto go and manually search my list of subscriptions for new posts.

i am familiar with several places and have used them to make repairs to my Venturecraft USA tent trailer but we're looking consolidate. now have two trailers-- a pack mule and the Venturectaft. Plan to sell that one and make a lid for the packmule to support a tent and make it all removable if/when i deen an open trailer. here is the planned trailer-- its loaded up with wood pallets for a recent pallet bon fire party. Tub inside is 7'x4' and rides on 37s.

DSC07849-1.jpg

the tub--- this was rough-- its much nicer inside now.

DSC00846.jpg

behind the jeep

DSC09427.jpg

the Venturecraft
DSCN3513.jpg

DSCN3515.jpg

sorry for the hijack-- am looking for any and all ideas, thanks

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member