National Luna Dual Battery Kits and Portable Power Packs Back in stock!

Equipt

Supporting Sponsor Presenting Sponsor of Overland
National Luna Dual Battery Kits and Portable Power Packs Back in stock!

IMG_5181.jpgIMG_5508.jpg

We are receiving our latest air freight from National Luna today. We have been sold out of our very popular Dual Battery System DIY kits and our fully contained Portable Power Packs for a month or so. We will have a good inventory of each after we ship all the pre-orders. So if you are interested, let us know. Our next shipment will be in late April, so get them while they are here.

Here is the link to the Dual Battery Systems, $395

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Battery Systems/product-nl/118188-dual-battery-kit

Here is the link to the Portable Power Packs. $560

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Battery Systems/product-nl/118181-portable-power-pack

If you have any questions on these items, feel free to ask.

Equipt

It is a pretty good solution. The entire installation is two 16mm sq. wires hooked to you main vehicle battery. That's it. For a trailer application you would run the wires to your hitch, and connect to the trailer wires with an Anderson style coupler. We have those too, BTW. The PPP comes with 23' of each color. Might be enough to do the job.

Cheers,

keoni004

Observer
Very interesting and somewhat self-sustaining. Does running two batteries remove the need of a solar panel set-up for running accessories? No big overland trips planned, but I do spend some time at the beaches surfing and having extra juice to entertain the landlocked wife and kid is a plus. I have no experience with running accessories off an automotive battery for extended periods of time. Thanks!

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Is the control panel weather-proof? Could it be mounted on a trailer tongue?

No.

I have had one in my FlipPac as the house battery since 2009 with the in cab controller. Works flawlessly and has never let me down. Add a solar panel and you are completely self contained.

Equipt

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comments. There are a couple things to add here. A second battery dramatically extends your ability to run accessories, like a fridge or laptop or inverter etc. What is nice here is that when the truck is turned off, the main vehicle battery is isolated from the secondary battery. So if your fridge is running no the secondary, your main will not be affected at all. And because it is a stand alone system it doesn't alter your OEM electrical that would void your warranty. Add a solar panel to it, as Taco Doc mentioned, and you are pretty much self contained. I use a 60W foldable panel on my vehicle and it can come very close to offsetting the draw of a fridge.

The controller is not waterproof. It has a long cable that runs from either the Intelligent Solenoid on the Dual Battery Kit, or from a plugin on the face of the Portable Power Pack. The controller is an accessory to the PPP, sold separately. The goal is to have that monitoring and control in the cockpit of the truck, accessible while driving the vehicle. With that being said, there are options for monitoring your batteries at the trailer. I have a AT Chaser that has 2 Group 31 AGMs in the nose. What I did is install a recess mount Dual Battery Monitor in the side of the nose box. It isn't waterproof either, so I took it to a Zagg stand at the mall and had them put an invisishield on the face, and then I siliconed the recess when I mounted it in there. It has been there for 3 years now and works great. I can tell exactly where both battery levels are all the time, whether on shore charge, solar, or under a draw.

The PPP does not need to be the same battery as the vehicle. Nor does it need to match with the DBK. The PPP can hold up to a Group 31. You can mis match types of batteries as well.

Cheers,

Equipt

Yes we do! Plenty in stock right now. Plenty of Dual Battery Kits too. You can order online or feel free to give us a buzz.

Cheers,

kb7our

Explorer
Paul, I have a dual battery setup in my JKU including a similar solenoid but no real means to monitor both batteries from the cab. My solenoid looks to be of siimlar manufacture. Can you see if it would be possible to adapt the NL remote monitor to a generic setup by cutting off the plug end and tapping into a similar solenoid that has the 4 wires coming off it (batt neg, light status, manual connect, and I forget what the 4th wire off the solenoid is for). I would like to do this but don't need the other components.

Thanks!

Equipt

The Dual Battery Controller that connects to the Intelligent Solenoid is proprietary to the their circuit boards and control system, so it wouldn't be possible to monitor your batteries that way.

Here is a better/cleaner solution for you. It is the National Luna Dual Battery Monitor. It monitors both batteries like the Dual Battery Contoller does, including alarms. And it works with all dual battery systems since it is connected directly to each battery. Take a look. They are also available in recessed mount.

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Ba...-nl/118183-dual-battery-monitor-surface-mount

Cheers,

garytenney

I just received the PPP which was ordered back in December 2012. It was a long wait, but now installed under the canister of my retrax cover in the back of an 08 Tundra. I have the ARB twin compressor mounted next to it and connected through the 50 amp plug. So far I like it very much! The main battery and the one in the PPP are the sears Diehard Platinum Group 31 AGM. Watching its performance, when the truck is started, the charger is not connected to the secondary battery via timer, once timed out if the main battery is not drawing on the alternator, it gets connected. Once the secondary battery is topped off, you can see the voltage drop for trickle charge. This is good for the battery. I plan to install a NL refrigerator in the back also on a slide to pull onto the tailgate when lowered. NL products are very expensive, but quality made. (On a side note for other tundra/retrax owners, I had to trim off the right side foot of the PPP box to get it to fit under the canister.

kb7our

Explorer
The Dual Battery Controller that connects to the Intelligent Solenoid is proprietary to the their circuit boards and control system, so it wouldn't be possible to monitor your batteries that way.

Here is a better/cleaner solution for you. It is the National Luna Dual Battery Monitor. It monitors both batteries like the Dual Battery Contoller does, including alarms. And it works with all dual battery systems since it is connected directly to each battery. Take a look. They are also available in recessed mount.

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Ba...-nl/118183-dual-battery-monitor-surface-mount

Cheers,

Thank you! This is nice even without the remote connect/boost option!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach