Need a new pocket camera

ssssnake529

Explorer
The only one that looks really comparable is the LX-5 Lumix but I wanted the GPS function just to see exactly where I was when I took the pic.

Sony HX-20V is not really comparable to the LX-5. LX-5 is a more "serious" camera with higher image quality, better glass, etc. The HX-20V is a consumer-targeted "travel zoom." Not a bad camera, but not comparable to the LX-5.

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
Good to know and I was reading a little more about the LX5 and I can see that in the reviews its definitely considered in the top tier of compacts. It is definitely hard to navigate some of this online. I think I also found a place locally where I can maybe speak to someone who knows a little more about these and where I can also handle some of the Lumix.

The Sony HX20V in your hand feels fairly professional, the cosmetic look of the image on the camera itself is stellar (best I could find in bestbuy, better than the G12 and other canons), and it feels robust and powerful and very fast processing (among the fastest supposedly) in inital launch time, focus time, panoramic processing, etc. This is one of the reasons I was drawn to it. The price points for both are pretty similar. But this said perhaps its not in the range I'm looking for to your point.

Here are some links to photos:
Some test photos last night while I was stuck in traffic
more photos

They are OK but I don't have it in high quality mode and these are very initial pictures, not something I put any time or quality into at all..

Also, related to the iphone, I have an I have an iphone 4 (not a 4s) and take a lot of pics with it (several a week) and would not recommend attempting to take any good pictures with it because it straight up is not a good camera. It is basically something to make sure you have a camera for when you don't have yours with you.. Also it is too expensive and valuable and a PITA to replace should you break it, so you want to protect it by using a dedicated camera. This is just like using your iphone as GPS for a trip. Can do it but not well and pushes it beyond its original goal when a $150-$250 Garmin completely suffices and then some...

Here are photos I did from a trip where I mistakenly though the iphone could hang. I got away without hurting it because it was in a plastic bag and I was lucky. Not a single one of these photos could I print out with any decent quality.
http://andreshoumatoff.smugmug.com/...orado/18615063_dHVp7M#!i=1438433025&k=HG6gBBn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal