need help checking the IAC on my 95 SR

Styyy

Adventurer
Need to check the Idle Air Controller on my 1995 SR,I went through the FSM but cant find the correct process? im having a cold start issue.
thanks
Jerry

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The IAC in my 96SR is probably the same as in your 95SR but you need to doublecheck that.

If it is then in my 96 FSM, it shows info on it on page 125 of the Circuit Diagrams Section in the Electrical manual (Volume 2 of the FSM).

It shows a coil located between pins 1 & 3 and pins 4 & 6. It also shows the wire colors for each of these pins so with some careful analysis, you should be able to decipher it. An ohmeter reading for each of those coils should neither be infinity nor 0 ohms. If it is, then that is likely a blown IAC motor.

Styyy

Adventurer
Thanks,that's where I actually started. But cleaning it all up didnt solve my cold start issue.
Thanks again for the info.

Josh p

Observer
I thought mine was bad also but that wasn't the problem. Mine is a 95 SR also so let us know if you figure it out.

Styyy

Adventurer
Well Ive finally located the info in the FSM. Ill check the IAC this weekend, but according to someone over on 4x4wire.com it may not be causing my problem. Ill post up my findings this weekend.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
I'd look at the battery/charging system, then fuel and ignition.

My first thoughts are weak battery, too much fuel (stuck injector? fpr? CTS?), tired ignition parts.

Styyy

Adventurer
Well the IAC is toast, one of the coils was burnt. So anyone know where to get one on a budget?
Thanks
Jerry

Styyy

Adventurer
rock auto has them from $123 (two options)

amazon.com for $115

What's your budget?

My budget ,I guess it depends. I dont mind spending a little extra money for a quality part that will work problem free. But if the $100 IAC's available work the same and last the same amount of time then Ill be better served picking up one of them and saving some cash? Guess I should rephrase my question.
thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater