Need help finding proper relays

Photobug

I have a few projects coming up requiring relays one for an alarm system for my Class C and another for my motorcycle. I ordered something called Relay kits from Amazon that included the relay and a socket with the wires ready to go. The problem is they are huge. No way I am going to fit it on the bike unless I install a side car to carry it. Looking on digi-key I see a better selection of sockets that look like they should fit and be hopefully more reliable than a knockoff Amazon product. The problem I am having is finding a corresponding socket with wires attached.

Any suggestions for finding a good waterproof relay with socket and wires?
Any suggestion on where to find a DPST or (2 Form A) relays?

Thanks

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
So you are just after a relay block?

Plenty of these floating around on Amazon, by various manufacturers.
Pretty sure the small relays are referred to as "bosch style"

This is just a block....

Here is a single waterproof block w/ relay

Ive used six basic, non waterproof interlocking Bosch style relays from OnlineLED on my build and they have proven reliable.
Is an underhood fuse and relay arrangement, and hasnt had any issues being not waterproof.

44609377970_9b756aa91c_b.jpg

32554106628_3ed55ae874_b.jpg

Photobug

So you are just after a relay block?

I got to say your wiring setup looks great. But that is to be expected with how the rest of your camper looks. Never seen the relay block those may come in handy for what I want to do with my RV with lighting and alarms.

But for the motorcycle things are so tight under the seat especially since I have a lowered seat, I need the simplest smallest setup. Mine plan is one relay to a terminal block, so that when power is on all auxillary powered things (USB, extra lights, and heated grips) would be powered but would have switches to control them up front. I would like to go with a relay and socket so if the relay were to fail I could just replace the relay. But think the micro relay may be the best fit. Taking off the seat is not easy with the rear rack I just installed, so want to have the parts on hand before i tackle this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179