Need Help! Installing Aussie Locker Front Diff Gen1 3.0L V6 LWB

ultrakill

Adventurer
***PROBLEM FIXED***
Thanks all who helped :))) :victory:

Hello all,

First of all thank you for taking a look at this for me. Normally I don't like posting these sorts of questions, but everything I have tried to do will not work.

I am in the middle of Aussie Locker Install for Front Diff Montero Gen 1.

Anyways, here is a picture of the problem 140906_0003.jpg

The Circlip for the axle is preventing me from pushing/hammering the axles back in. That picture was from a few days ago, but since then, there is much less slack and it is much tighter around the axle (barely sticks out). Yet I still cannot get the drivers-side axle all the way in.

If I remove the circlip, the axle goes all the way in no problem. I am questioning whether anyone else has run into this problem installing Aussie Lockers, but from what I can tell, the axles should still just slide in.

I have tried hammering the axle in with a 4lb deadblow hammer to no avail. I have also been greasing it a bit, but maybe I need to grease it much more liberally...?

Thank you, and any tips, tricks for tightening the circlip or getting the axle back in are much appreciated.

Jonathan Harrison

Last edited:

nely

Adventurer
Grease up the cir clip a little bit and use a heavy brass hammer. The dead blow isnt as effective

jlandon

Get Dirty.
Every once in a while I get one that doesn't want to go in regardless of my efforts. I walk away and come back later ... slides in first try.

ultrakill

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies,

I was able to get both sides in. Passenger side I had to use a c-clamp. I estimate that total over a few days pulling my hair out, it probably took about 5 hours to get those axles back in. Not fun struggling with something like that which seems so simple.

ultrakill

Adventurer
Old Thread, please close replys

Like to see some pics of your montero just got one and née tame ideas of mak. It more trail ready thanks

140617_0001.jpg
10524612_10100378004667721_5784686847215774475_n.jpg
10450442_10100378004582891_4978599521520650248_n.jpg

Check out the Pajero Pics thread to see everybody else's ride as well...

ultrakill

Adventurer
Yeah, that in addition to the safari rack really add to the look. Also after I painted the ladder it looked 100x better. Got mine from JDM parts seller from ebay, located in Malaysia. This is the one. It's really well built, it holds me just fine (~210 lbs), even if i'm lifting and moving stuff into the safari rack. Think the door will break hinges before the ladder will break because of weight.

ultrakill

Adventurer
I don't know if they have them on Ebay, but all the Gen 2 Pajeros I saw in India appear to come stock with a crooked ladder (slight bend/offset above license plate). I think those ladders look so cool! I'm sure a google or ebay search would brink up what you are trying to look for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk