Needing some advice and experience on teardrop vs. adventure trailer i.e. patriot and turtleback

old_CWO

Tents. No matter what people may say the simple fact is they suck in the rain, snow and especially the wind regardless of being on the roof or ground. I live in the West where it's typically raining, snowing or windy so anything tent is not acceptable to me. I also like being able to stealth camp in non-camping areas for quick overnights when on longer trips. From you list of options, I would pick teardrop.

That being said, from what you describe I would also think about a pickup truck with camper shell. Dry, quiet and comfy sleeping arrangements with no trailer to worry about if you don't want one. I often toss a twin mattress in my truck for camping and it's almost like sleeping at home because, well, it's literally a real bed. I have slept like a baby in my shell through several severe weather events while the tent campers were getting battered all night. I also have a cot or a foam mattress roll that both fit in the truck depending on what other gear is going along and what room I might need. Aside from restroom trips, racking out in the back of the truck can be a pretty comfortable option.

Reactions: TGK

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk