New ARB Fridge bad bad bad,

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I just found out that ARB has upgraded the Classic line of fridges with one or two good features, First thing they got wrong is by calling it the series 2, when the Blue and Grey model with the White display is the series II and the replacable sensor thermister, the Series I was the blue and grey model with the yellow display that you have to cut holes in the bottom to replace the thermister, For goodness sake ARB do some research on your Own companies history on fridge before you start naming the new models, And Although Dometic make your fridges why O why have you made the classic series look even more like a Dometic, Other companies copied some of your Ideas such as interior lights and basket design and fitting drain plugs etc and then you go out of your way to make it look even more like a Dometic than any thing before it, And as for making it dark grey/blackish that is going to look a mess in no time when covered in dust after a week on the trail,

The reason people like the Blue and Grey Series II is because it has great features and a modern design and the colour scheme is bright and cheerful, This new model would well at home in the back of a Hearse, Your latest efforts is a totally mournful looking thing, Coping Dometics colour scheme might save money on plastic Dye's but this new money saving plan is top of the list of ARB stuff ups from the past 18 months - two years, And as an ARB user I would rather buy a Dometic or even better a Truckmate, if I wanted to buy another Dometicd Clone fridge, I don't need to waste twice the amount of money buying your copy of a Dometic, This is the 3rd or 4th product of yours that is a total Cluster in the past 2 years, Who ever is in charge there tell who ever is coming up with these ideas just to stop, And give them a job in the packing dept, Of coarse you think you know best with your excuse in the video that it matches the interior of modern cars, News Flash, Cars have had Grey Interiors since the 1940's So you have missed the Boat on that score, Some people will like it many won't, One thing for sure you can't put lipstick on a Pig.

4xdog

Explorer
You're referring to these, perhaps? The design looks a lot better than the beach gear / kids toys colors of the previous line, IMO. I'd actually consider owning this one. But then, that's why they have horse races, my dad used to say. Everyone has a different favorite.
47L_FridgeFreezer.jpg

https://www.arb.com.au/portable-fridge-freezers/classic-range/

67cj5

Man On a Mission
You're referring to these, perhaps? The design looks a lot better than the beach gear / kids toys colors of the previous line, IMO. I'd actually consider owning this one. But then, that's why they have horse races, my dad used to say. Everyone has a different favorite.
47L_FridgeFreezer.jpg

https://www.arb.com.au/portable-fridge-freezers/classic-range/
You might think so, But one thing they forgot and that is the effect the Sun has on black items including cars, and this fridge will be a heat magnet, The Blue and grey models are much better and look more modern,

ARB should supply this model with a carriage and 4 black horses wearing black feather plumes. It is total stupidity to make something that is meant to keep things Cool or frozen out in the son and colour it black, because it is going to be working twice as hard to keep things cool.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Amazed anyone cares that much what a fridge looks like, maybe just tuck it away on a slider?

And never heard of a Truckmate fridge.
Truckmate are a generic brand that use all the Danfos/Secop internals and they cost about 40 to 45% of the price of the ARB but they look like a Waeco/Dometic.

The funny part about it was when I found them because of the colour of them I thought my computer screen had lost it's colour and it wasn't until I saw the ARB red white and black logo in the top left corner of the page that I realized what I was looking at.

krick3tt

Adventurer
The top is removable, paint it white with paint that adheres to plastic. Cover it with a silver insulated blanket. I rarely take mine out of the vehicle and even if I did I certainly wouldn't set it out in the sun. I would not do that with any cooler. Why would anyone do that?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
The top is removable, paint it white with paint that adheres to plastic. Cover it with a silver insulated blanket. I rarely take mine out of the vehicle and even if I did I certainly wouldn't set it out in the sun. I would not do that with any cooler. Why would anyone do that?
I don't know but many people do, Like you I prefer to keep both of mine protected, In fact while I am waiting for the cover for the bigger one I haven't taken it out of the box.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes of course I know Truckfridge by Indel-B.

Just never heard of "Truckmate".

And Blue or Grey will absorb heat nearly as much as black. White, maybe an ivory is the only choice if that's your concern.

Or just keep it in the shade.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Having lived in an extremely hot climate most of my life and owned Black and Blues Cars I know for a fact that when a black car is closed up they get extremely hot,

There are just too many variables and out in the desert or the outback Shade is a bit hard to come by when there is not a tree for 100 miles, Bottom line is it would have been a lot smarter to make the outside repel heat instead if invite it in, The hotter the fridge gets the more it will cycle and then there is the issue of the lids warping which does and has happened to quite a few fridges over the years.

I don't care what people say I still think ARB has dropped the ball on this one as they have on a few of their products lately.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Engel are Great, but I think Snomaster have the edge over just about every brand out there, from the amount of insulation and the seals and their own compressor and not only that they come with all the extras including a solar powered remote and the Transit bag, NL are nice but over priced and power hungry, And that is too much to pay if a person is in any other part of the world but SA,, Paying 3 or 4000 USD dollars is a joke for a fridge and I have seen them for sale at 2.5X the SA price from dealers who think they have the market sewn up, when the fact is I can buy 3 or 4 ARB's or Dometic's for the cost of an NL and the same retailer also stock Engel and at 3600$ of the 60 litre model is a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179