New Color Tacomas? "Pyrite Mica"

freeze

Adventurer
White on a 4WD is a seriously good choice as it doesn't scratch. We've got guys with every colour Toyota and the only colour that looks brand new after a wash is white.

I've always been into black, however, if it's a 4WD that's going to be grazing trees, bushes or rocks, white is really the only way to go.

MGRS

That's why I carry a VS17 panel in my survival kit.

Did you buy that one or 'liberate' it?:D

On topic, I like forest green as well. If they had offered it in the 05+ I would own one. I think it would have looked great in the base or Rugged Trail edition with black fenders. I see now that they offer "Timberland Mica," which on the website looks close. I am not sure if they had it in '08, but I never saw any on the lots.

I've got a boring silver tacoma like everyone else...

Wonderland

Explorer
I dont like bright colors on functional vehicles. The new color is very cool, Im a big fan. I like the "sleeper" look. I do not like the "custom car" look of modified vehicles with bright colors saying "Look at me". Purple is especially bad. Functional and under the radar is my thing. The less attention the better. having said that I do love all the shades of dark green. Forest green, Olive green, I love them all. I have also owned my share of red vehicles but I look at red differently. It has its own look of "functionality".

My all time favorite color for a vechile is "Forest Service Green" I don't know what the proper name is for the color. One of these days I will paint my vehicle that color, or pick up a retired FS vehicle.

ISO-0608-Patrol1.jpg

jh504

Explorer
My all time favorite color for a vechile is "Forest Service Green" I don't know what the proper name is for the color. One of these days I will paint my vehicle that color, or pick up a retired FS vehicle.

ISO-0608-Patrol1.jpg

I picked up my Chevy 1500 from a gov auction. I need to look up what branch it was serving in because it is Forest Green and was definitely used on some tight wooded trails. It has "forest pinstripes" all down the side.

AZ_Husker

Observer
Until the factories start offering non-shiny paint options such as this, white is the only color for me. If you drive through thorny brush, you already know that is the only color to have. You can't see all my scratches.

cucv.png

xpdishn

Adventurer
Being color blind, when the FJ's came out, I had to get the "Sun Fusion". I can definitely see that this is yellow. BTW, this is heavily pin striped and you can't really see them. Love the color.

046.jpg

Zebra stripes would work also.

My wife thinks the Pyrite Mica is a French grey.

I had a 98 Taco that I had no idea what the color was. Grey, green don't really know to this day.

jh504

Explorer
Until the factories start offering non-shiny paint options such as this, white is the only color for me. If you drive through thorny brush, you already know that is the only color to have. You can't see all my scratches.

cucv.png

Love the truck! I have been checking out the old military trucks and K5s on the Gov auction website. I would like to get my hands on one soon.

bjowett

Adventurer
There's a Pyrite Mica Taco in my town, looks great on the smaller trucks as well as the Tundra. It also looks good with pinstripes and other beauty marks... kind of its own camo pattern starting to slowly form.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Hate to dig up an older thread, but I just wanted to add my 2c.

I like my silver truck, although each time I see a Pyrite Mica one I wonder if I would have gone for that if it had been available in 2007. (Although when I bought my truck I was in a pinch, stuck a long ways from home with no vehicle, and I bought the only Tacoma on the lot.)

Pyrite Mica is just a little to dark for me, what I would really like is a flat grey, something along the lines of Audi TT Aviator Gray.

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Dig away, it's not that old of a thread anyway, just this month.

I agree it's a bit dark, but nice none the less :)

Hate to dig up an older thread, but I just wanted to add my 2c.

I like my silver truck, although each time I see a Pyrite Mica one I wonder if I would have gone for that if it had been available in 2007. (Although when I bought my truck I was in a pinch, stuck a long ways from home with no vehicle, and I bought the only Tacoma on the lot.)

Pyrite Mica is just a little to dark for me, what I would really like is a flat grey, something along the lines of Audi TT Aviator Gray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz